logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#195536 09/09/06 06:42 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I quit teaching to be a full-time mom. Now I'm homeschooling my own kids. I'd like to be a lactation consultant eventually and maybe get another degree--this time in Natural Health. I'm an aspiring writing (obviously) and hope to be published in my favorite magazine, Mothering, within the next year or two. I'm also a Natural Family Boutique consultant. I'm just going with the flow and doing what feels right...I love being home. That's my most important job.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#195537 09/10/06 12:46 PM
S
S
I just saw this topic and started to read the posts! ooooh, nothing is more exciting to me than hearing about people's dreams - and telling mine.

There are already sooo many wonderful posts here - Marigold, the link to the pa org was great - and i live close to Philly...Leigh St John, can't wait to hear more about your book! Chloe, I loved your site - and the subtitle: Celebrating Life's Special Moments is awesome.

JanZeiger, I homeschooled my kids too (well, unschooled, but it's close enough) and am hoping to unschool my grand-daughter as well - she's turning 3 soon.

Barbara said: "I'll bet many of us are like familychoice and are drawn to all sorts of creative outlets in addition to our main pursuits--I know I am."

YES! and hurrah for us! I can't even imagine life without about a zillion passions - grin.

And finally (yes, i'm long winded - lol), I wanted to talk about my dream - I AM living my dream now - I am home writing, giving teleclasses and supporting people through internet and phone coaching...but I have another dream - maybe I'd say a BIGGER dream...

I live in Bucks County, Pa...where there were loads of salons years ago - many artists of all sorts (writers, designers, painters, poets, actors...)--- I dream of having a large home - where I can host salons.

Have folks who are passionate about their work share with those who are interested (probably a lot of us rennaissance women!-who love loads of things)---

which brings me to the final, final thing i wanted to say -
Barbara Sher's book "Refuse to Choose" is incredible - very supportive of people who love doing more than one thing - and helpful in showing us possible ways to keep ALL those things going...I gave it a longer review on the Square-Peg site (link in my signature) - but just wanted to say that anyone struggling with loving more than one thing would probably get a lot out of that book!

Are you a Square-Peg-Person in a round-hole world? Find your tribe at http://www.square-peg-people.com
#195538 09/10/06 03:37 PM
D
D
I'm one of those people with a mix. I've had an accounting and business consulting service for several years. I'm also a recruiter and distributor for Mia Bella Candles. Both businesses allow me to help others in different ways.

Locally I work with small businesses that want to become more profitable but just don't know how to do that. And with my candles I work locally and nationally offering excellent fundraisers plus a solid opportunity for people looking for a fun and simple home business.

It's a great combination and I'm blessed to have awesome clients and customers in both.

This is a great topic and a wonderful way to meet others. In response to Leigh...if you need a "reader" for your book, I'd love to work through your process. It sounds wonderful!

Donna Davis
Register for our free weekly candle drawing...
http://www.hotazcandles.com
#195539 09/12/06 03:58 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
It's so exciting to hear all your fascinating involvements and to know you're out there doing your thing and enjoying your lives. That Sher book, Refuse to Choose, sounds like a good one for this group!

#195540 09/12/06 04:40 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I was a school teacher and a "career woman" until I put my baby in daycare. I knew immediately I wanted to be with my OWN children even though I had never expected to stay home. I quit my job and we learned to live on one income. Now I have two children and hope to adopt two more. I consider myself a freelance writer but haven't actually been published yet. I'm also a consultant for Natural Family Boutique and I do a bit of homeschool consulting.

NOTE: I DIDN'T MEAN TO REPLY TWICE!

I've just recently decided that I'd like to serve as a lactation consultant. I'd love to work with low-income moms who need help in that area. I'd also like to get another degree--this one in Natural Health--via the Clayton College of Natural Health.

Sorry this turned out to be so long!

Last edited by JanZeiger; 09/12/06 05:05 PM.
#195541 09/12/06 05:05 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I CANNOT BELIEVE I REPLIED TWICE TO THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL SO SORRY!!!!

#195542 09/13/06 10:14 AM
S
S
Um...Jan---You ARE published!lol you're an editor here, right?I was just looking at your Natural Living section - cool!!

And I'm glad you posted twice, you told more about yourself - went into more depth - which I loved reading....and about your post being long...ohboy i'm in trouble if we're counting words...if I were a Native American I'm reasonably sure my name would be Long-Winded.

Are you a Square-Peg-Person in a round-hole world? Find your tribe at http://www.square-peg-people.com
#195543 09/13/06 10:18 AM
M
M
I am a housewife. I take care of my husband and my children. I make sure everyone has a clean house, clean clothes, I make hubby's cigarettes, get him what he needs when he needs it, I make sure the kids are up and ready when the bus pulls up out front of our house at 6:30 am and I tuck everyone in at night. I am a housewife.

#195544 09/13/06 02:54 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I am retired. During my working life, I was a psychologist, then burned out and became a pond builder. Loved doing that and only retired in January. Now I am writing. Actually I have always written, but never probably never had so large an audience.
I never took care of anyone except myself. I don't think I would know how. I have a wonderful partner who takes care of herself. We do take care of each other when we wish. We love our lives and have always.

Jan Goldfield

#195545 09/17/06 05:50 PM
G
G
Hi Aime,
I�m a freelance writer. I like it because I work for myself and it fits in around my family. I also like working from home � it�s good to be able to choose how my office is decorated and also I don�t have to pay out for traveling to work.

At the moment I am also studying to be a life coach. (see my other post)

Cheers,
Sara

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.