logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hubby and I and my nephew Ryan and his fiance' and my sister and her husband all went riding today. We left at 10 a.m. this morning and made it back home at 8:30 p.m. We went about 400 miles and boy is my a$$ tired!

We started out on a 4 lane freeway and came upon a very large male box turtle crossing the road. I was amazed that he had made it across two lanes, the median, and another lane. I carried him safely to the edge of the road and over the hill to flat ground. That makes turtle rescue #19 for me this year.

Then we headed onto the backroads and saw two flocks of turkey, two great blue herons, and a very white heron roosting in a tree. I've not seen one that white before. I wanted to stop and take a picture, but the bikes just kept moving on. We also saw many deer, a large groundhog, buzzards, a large gaggle of geese flying in V-formation, and two ducks crossed the road in front of us and stopped traffic in the town of Weston. It was a little commical. We also saw countless domestic animals such as cows, horses, sheep, and goats. I saw too many dogs on big heavy chains tied down in the big bare spots they've worn in their yards after months or years of neglect. Sad.

We said good-bye to Ryan and his fiance' before we went our separate ways this evening. They are heading down to Atlanta for a while to be with his mother (my sister) and then they're off to Cozumel (sp?) for the winter to work in the climbing business. I told them they need to stay there a few years so we can visit them there in a year or two. They were originally going to Korea to teach English, but that didn't pan out. But he said he's going back to Alaska in the spring.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yikes! What an adventurous life they are leading!! Must be nice to be so young and carefree...sigh!

Sounds like you had a great day, too, Lois! I saw a gorgeous heron pretty close up on Friday, on our class trip to the farm. We were on a wagon hay ride through the corn fields and it just lazily drifted in on a thermal, landing gracefully on the little pond there. We also got to see the regular fare of farm animals. It was a gorgeous day, weather-wise, couldn't have been more perfect.

You are a brave soul, to go motrocycle riding. I've been on the back of one once. It was fine for suburbia but way to *exposed* for me, for highway driving! I know, I'm a chicken! ;p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah...today was THE day to be outside. Seems like everyone and everything was outdoors today.

Lois, sounds like your highway needs to build a turtle fence like the one they have running along side the lake here. It's only 1 foot tall, but it gets the job done!

Marian

Gecko
Gecko
Lois, What a fun day! It has been a long time since I've ridden a motorcycle for any distance. The last bike I was on was about four years ago. A friend of ours just bought a new (to him) Harley. I got a short ride and loved it. Before that, it had been almost 20 years.

My latest wildlife sighting was our Momma moose with the surviving calf from her twins. It was at 3 AM this morning. I was awakened by the sound of the tell tale thumping of her hooves echoing through the ground. I looked out of our bedroom window as they walked between the house and garden fence. I watched them for a few minutes before attempting to go back to sleep.

Rose

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.