Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#153998 02/25/04 01:32 PM
helen Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I swear every moose that lives in our area was partying yesterday. I drove to college for my class at 8 am and saw three on the way to class. One was close to my house, and two were almost in the road close to the college. The college is less than 5 miles from my home.

Next, I went into town to run errands. In town, near the post office was another moose. Then on the way home, two more along the road. Town is less than 5 miles from home too, only in the other direction from the college.

Finally at home, looking out the window into our back yard we see a very large, young moose. I can't swear to it, but I think it was Chip. If it was, than Chocolate was no where to be seen. I have been fooled once before, thinking I saw Chip without Chocolate. So this moose may have been a different one. Anyway, the youngster wandered around the yard for quite a while, finally settling down for a rest near the woods. (about 30 feet from the house) A while later, she (yep Chip maybe a female) got up to investigate the bird feeders. I got a couple of shots of this moose eating out of the stained glass feeder. She also knocked the sunflower feeder and one of the suet feeders to the ground. Silly moose, couldn't figure out how to eat out of them. LOL

Now technically, it is against the law to have the feeders available to the moose. Fish and Game could fine me for "feeding" this moose. But, I won't tell, if you won't tell......

Rose

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Do you still get excited when you see moose? Or is it just as common as seeing deer around here? Of course, I enjoy seeing deer (except when I'm driving at night), but it's no big deal. It would make my year if I saw a moose in the wild.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
helen Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I'm not sure excited it the right word, but I do like seeing them a lot. When I see one and am not driving with a timed schedule, I always stop what I'm doing to enjoy the moose.

Yesterday's visitor to our house stopped all other conversation between DH and I. We followed the moose from window to window until she rested. Later, as she raided the bird feeder, we stayed at the window watching until she moved back into the woods. I would say this is our normal reaction to them.

Let's see, I now have about two shoe boxes full of moose pictures. I've been watching them for over 30 years. Hmmmmmm, maybe excited really is the right word.

Rose

Gecko
Gecko
That's really amazing that so many moose were up and around for you to see, Rose. One of these days I hope to see one of them in the wild. In past years I've traveled to locales in New England that were posted with "Moose Crossing" signs, but that's always been the extent of it. Maybe I should be thinking Alaska instead of Maine.

Leequi

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.