logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152163 10/06/03 08:04 PM
OP Offline
Today when I pulled up in the driveway after work, 7 Canada geese flew from the upper end of the pond down to the end where we park our cars. The first thing I noticed was there were 7 - 7 just like our little group this summer. They also hung out in little groups - 3 (like our wild family that stayed with us), 2 (like our own little babies we raised), and 2 more (like the two that joined the group the last week they were here). But I thought "No, ours are long gone." But just out of curiosity I walked onto the dock, and what do you know? They swam over to the dock and ate the fish food I was throwing out to the fish and ducks! Then they swam back over to the corner where we always put out cracked corn. So just as another test and to be sure I went to the garage and got some corn in a can. I walked over to them and shook the can and sure enough they jumped up out of the pond onto the bank! So I poured a little bit out and they started eating right away. I couldn't believe it. I was so sure that they were way down in North Carolina by now. I went across the pond and sat on my bench with Smiley and Dexter. Those geese swam across and hung out right in front of us, not a bit worried about our dogs. Later they hung out on the bank in front of the house and preened and ate and pooped - a lot. Then while I was inside I heard the mustering call and they all took off in unison. I wished them God speed and a safe and healthy return to us this spring.

Yesterday morning 7 geese flew over, but must not have been at the right angle to land, so they circled around and came in from the other direction. Then they suddenly changed their minds and took off without returning. I'm betting it was the same group.

My heart is glowing knowing they let me spend some precious time with them. I wonder when they will make the big journey. I wonder even more where in the @#$$ they've been staying all this time? Must have been doing some long training flights?

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#152164 10/06/03 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at it this way, they were pooping on someone else's land while they were away, LOL.

What a nice treat to have them come back!! I'm so happy for you. (((HUGS))) :love:

Marian

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.