logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Not if marriage is not a civil right to begin with.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Homosexuals have no need of marriage. Homosexual relationships in and of themselves cannot produce children. Therefore since they cannot contribute to the survival of our species they have no need of the state promoting or protecting their relationships. While heterosexual marriages do not always produce children they are at least capable of doing so. Marriage is a contract between two people and the state and in order for the state to spend time and resources promoting and protecting a relationship it must be demonstrated that that relationship is an overall benefit to society. It has nothing to do with love. Government is not in the business of validating love. Homosexual relationships produce no benefit to society so they have no need of marriage.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Here we go again. Rather than waste time with your idiotic notions, why don't you just go away!

Jan Goldfield

C
C
I just got here. I'm not going anywhere. I have a right to voice my opinion just like you. You are free to disagree of course. You are also free to leave. This is a public forum and I am a member of the public and am harming no one.

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
cruze4fun, I will ask you my standard question. If you can adequately answer it I will welcome discussion with you. If not, I will promptly "ignore" you via the handy feature available on this site.

How exactly does marriage between homosexuals affect you?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Nosy, put the idiot on ignore now.....he is TD or Freak all over again.

Jan Goldfield

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
While I value your input and enjoy reading your posts, and while I most certainly understand your passion for the topic at hand, I do reserve the right to welcome any and all posters to my forum to voice their opinions - dissenting, agreeing, or somewhere in between without being called "idiot" or worse. Thus, please note that further ad hominems by you will be deleted.

If this offends you, please note that I do so unintentionally and without malice.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thank you for your opinion and please accept my apology for the verbal bashing you received in response to your post. I will do my best to prevent this from happening again.

In the meantime, I am not quite certain that I agree with your reasoning in general, but with the notion that homosexual relationships do not contribute to society at large in particular.

While it is true that many (though not all) homosexual relationships do not result in procreation, the fact of the matter does show that adoption is one of the most vital aspects of contributing to society (as it relates to procreation) that singles, heterosexuals and homosexuals engage in.

Thus, following your logic, these relationships do provide the framework wherein children are reared, thus invalidating your argument. Am I mistaken?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sylvia, It seems that your title of civil rights advocate does not include civil rights for all.....you allow a basher to be here and impose his hatred on the rest of us, but when he is ignored or called out, we, the bashed are chastised. I leave your forums with no problem. We have all the problems we need without being chastised by a supposed civil rights advocate. You could probably get Texas Dave and JFreak back if you asked nicely. They would fit right in with your philosophy.

Jan Goldfield

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
I think Sylvia's reprimand to pondlady for her "idiotic notions" comment is a bit harsh. I've seen much worse comments from "christians" such as calling people sinners, telling people they're going to hell, etc., ignored.

If someone posts a comment like "Homosexual relationships produce no benefit to society so they have no need of marriage" they should be prepared for responses, even nasty ones. What this poster should have said is that homosexual relationships produce no benefit to HIM - to which I would respond, SO WHAT.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.