Hi there,

Looks like it is not completely safe to be part of the 'Schnipp-Schnapp brigade in all instances ... you say

"Nevertheless if the victim was not amused when his necktie was cut to a stump, a law allows him charge his scissor bearing attackers, in court in front of judges, and claim damages."

From your experience and or chatter, has anyone ever followed through on this and been compensated? Is the Judge lenient with the fine in the circumstances? It is unbelievable that in the fun of the moment anyone would actually not take it in good faith and fun.

Still, if it happened to be my favourite silk tie, and if I were silly enough to venture out into the street wearing it, AND if I was not aware of the consequences, I would be put out for sure. But then I don't wear a tie tra la, so it's good to know I can go schnippschnapping.

See though, I hope there are enough men beings around to make this a good carnival, for without them how would we celebrate?

Maybe that's a good business idea? The day or week before, special carnival ties of multicolours and poor design could be on sale for the brave.

Sounds like fun for sure.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!