I have the tendency to read more then one book at a time smile I am reading "The Kashmir Shawl" by by Rosie Thomas and "Aphrodite's Kiss" by Julie Kenner.

I didn't think I would be able to get into The Kasmir Shawl but I am really enjoying it. Here is the synopsis from Amazon.com

"It is the eve of 1941 and World War II is engulfing the globe. Newlywed Nerys Watkins leaves rural Britain to accompany her husband on a missionary posting to India, but when he leaves her in the exotic lakeside of Srinagar to take on a complicated mission elsewhere, she discovers a new world. Here, in the heart of Kashmir, the British dance, flirt, and gossip against the backdrop of war and Nerys soon becomes caught up in a dangerous liaison. By the time she is reunited with her husband, she is a very different woman. .

Years later, Nery’s granddaughter Mair Ellis clears out her dead father’s house and finds an exquisite shawl--a kaleidoscope of silvery blues and greens. Wrapped in the folds of this delicate object is a lock of a child’s curly hair. With nothing else to go on, Mair decides to trace her roots back to Kashmir, embarking on a quest that will change her own life forever."

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com