The interesting thing Lori I wrote many articles a while back knowing I'd be in and out of the hospital quite a bit and this article had been one of them. When I wrote the article I was not against hybrids and thought I had written the article to represents both sides of the argument. I just now went and read the article and realized I had basically argued against hybrids throughout the whole article. I really had intended on being fair and NOT focus on, what I thought was my side FOR hybrids. Now I wonder if the internal me isn't against the whole idea.
I have had such a long-term anger about man's destruction of the earth and the amount of life, animal and plant that has become extinct, or is close to extinction. There is a natural process of extinction but man and his money grubbing paws has accelerated the process greatly.

Some species only exist because they have been kept in captivity. One example is the beautiful Spinx's macaw. Because of the captive breeding program there is a possibility of survival of the species. However, when I discuss captive breeding programs for the close to extinct tiger people really get their drawers in a roar. There is a good possibility that this is the only hope of survival of the species. Are we saving close to extinct animals for only scientific purposes or do we have another reason.

Seed banks may be the only hope of human survival. We are stupidly growing hybrids for bigger yields. The big famine when the potatoes became infected was the results of growing only one variety. Except for what is in seed banks most varieties are long gone. What is mankind doing to themselves but moving toward our own extinction?