Thanks for your response, Phyllis. Like I have said, I moved on and I don't let these things bother me anymore. I am lucky in that I have many other friends I can depend on at any time.

One of these women I referred to has young kids, and I'm sure that is a big reason why she is too busy for me right now. I think maybe she offered more than she could really handle. I still see her from time to time when I am out and about but she is always on the go. I am not a kid person per se, but this woman and I seemed to have a lot in common otherwise and it was such a help talking with her.

The other woman is someone my boyfriend knew who came forward after he died. I don't see or hear from her anymore. I think when I suffered my loss she felt a lot of it too, being his friend, but work is keeping her busy. I think here too she had the right intentions and I really enjoyed our conversations, but she is not really available anymore.

When I offer my friendship to others I of course want to help in a crisis. But I also take a genuine interest in that person too, or I would not have offered the help. I like to talk about mutual interests and other things, and not just a crisis issue. I like to really get to know people because people interest me. That is just who I am, and not everyone is like me. I should just remember that. These two women truly are too busy and I took a bit of offense, but they have families and demanding jobs. I really enjoyed their company when we spent time together since my crisis situation happened, and I thought we were getting closer with time. It meant a lot to me to have these chats with them. I guess me having my family so far away and most of my friends not close by, it was nice to have the one on one contact, as a lot of my time is spent alone.

Even so, I have moved on and if they ever want to talk in the future I will of course sit with them again, but to me they are just acquaintances now. I have other friends I have met along the way who have been very kind to me during my troubled time, as well as my long time friends who are always there whenever I make a call to them. I am grateful for all of my steadfast friends near and far, because even if we don't communicate every day I know they are there in love and friendship.

One dear friend emailed me several times a day when my boyfriend first went into the hospital, and then afterwards she was there for me during my greatest pain in those first few weeks. I will always be grateful for her kindness. I only wish she lived closer so I could have hugged her for all that her support meant to me. She suffered a recent loss like I did, and even in her grief she was most kind to me. It is a kindness I will never forget, and it means the world to me even today. Even if some people disappoint, I have dear friends whom I have been blessed with, even if we can't spend time in each other's company.

You are a kind person, Phyllis. I can see that you help others in need even when you have other issues going on in your life. I am sure you are greatly appreciated by all those you help. If you are tired your true friends should be able to understand when you need time for yourself. I know I would understand, as I am often exhausted myself from what life brings me. Thanks again for responding.

Last edited by Cassie67; 04/13/12 03:14 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator