My husband, The Best Man Ever�, and I bought each other an early Christmas present... the fancy-shmancy 50th anniversary DVD set of the 1959 movie Ben-Hur, complete with extras. The package came today...

In it I found the neatest thing: a reproduction, complete with doodles and scribbles, of Charlton Heston's journal that he kept during the production. The intro, written by his son, states that this was the start of a journaling habit of many years' duration.

And the thought strikes me yet again... how great journal-writing is, and what special people journal-writers are. How great to capture a moment and make it last forever! Whether or not you care for the movie, or Heston himself (he certainly was an opinionated fellow, wasn't he? I'm sure I could've had a wonderful time arguing with him!), this little repro book is a treasure and I am happily anticipating reading it.

I'm sick in bed today. Vicious flu. On top of a major sciatica attack, I am half-past miserable here. This looks like perfect sick-in-bed reading to me!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing