there are many types of disabilities - one in particular is carpal tunnel syndrome? the symptoms of this disability can often be confused with other similar diseases such as vibration white finger caused by using vibrating tools and raynauds disease that is a circulation problem. each of them have pain in the hands and fingers with numbness so special tests are made at the hospital by trained medical experts,i lost my grip in my hands a few years ago and the doctors sent me for an operation on both hands for carpal tunnel syndrome. a local anaesthetic was injected into my wrist and the carpal ligament was cut and the hand was stitched, i had one done and then the other 3 weeks later. i didnt feel a thing only the second time i got a different surgeon who wasnt as gentle as the first and the injection hurt. after 18 months the symptoms returned and i now know as i did before the op the wrong diagnosis was made. its not vibration white finger so it may be raynauds disease,. the only other thing it could possibly be is the trapped nerves in the cervical vertebrae which i have. i used to get cortisone injections into my facet joints in my spine but after a while they didnt help, i cant get injections in my neck because its too dangerous. anyone experiencing pain in the hands and loss of grip should think carefully before having carpal tunnel surgery for it could be any of the diseases with similar symptoms.