Dear friends, I have signed a book contract with a publishing company to write a book about interventions. I need help because this book is a compilation of stories about addicts and how they get into recovery. I am looking for stories from addicts but also from the family/friend or interventionist who were instrumental in their journey. I want stories of any addiction: alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, food, etc.

The publishers want the book to be one of hope and solutions for famiy/friends who have an addicted loved one so that they may have some understanding and guidance. If you are a recovering addict or a person who has been instrumental to a recovery addict, I would love to hear from you. All people are anonymous. If you know someone who could be of help to me in this area, please give them this information.

If you think your "story" is not exciting enough or book worthy, you are probably wrong. I'm looking for real stories that people can relate to. I have a deadline on this manuscript and so I am anxious to have most of my material by August, 2010. If you are interested in more information or know someone who might be, please answer to this forum or email me from the 12 Step Recovery page on BellaOnline. You don't have to be a writer. That's my job. All I'm asking is that you share your stories with me. It is not only a help to me but a great service to those out there who might need to hear what you have to say. Thank you all.

Blessings,
Kathy