Originally Posted By: Lori-Marriage
I'd like to figure out how to develop spirituality that comes from within (as Lisa S. talked about in a post) vs. having spiritual doctrine imposed upon me. Too often I look outward for answers when, from what sages throughout history have taught, we hold all of the answers inside us already.

How do we tap into this?

I'd love to read about other people's spiritual journeys. Or comparisons of different spiritual paths. Meditation techniques. Retreats? You do a good job with your articles already, Michelle (sanctuaries, candlelight, hope...)

I love it.

Lori, Michelle is a great mentor on spirituality. And Shay is very good on the subject of Taoism, which is a philosophy of life. Michelle has some really good articles on the subject of spirituality. I have an article on the Spirituality of Native Americans that might help you get started on your own search/path. the link is:

Native American Spirituality

Kenneth (Bear Hawk) Cohen has some great books that have really helped me in the past, and still do. Read "Honoring The Medicine" to help tap in to your own beliefs and feelings.

Michelle can write a book on this subject and I wish she would.

I plan to write a book (I am organizing my notes on it) on my own spiritual journey. I have written down so much over the years and thought I would compile it into my spiritual journey. Start writing down everything that you feel pertains to your beliefs, feelings, etc. in journals. You will be surprised what comes out of your mind when you do this. Sometimes I will begin to write down one thought and before I know it, I have several pages of spirit directed thoughts on paper.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 02/25/09 02:14 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain