Hey, I'm new here..

You know, I wasn't looking for this website, but I am glad I found it!

I was walking through the video rental store tonight with my husband, looking at all of the jaw-droppingly beautiful actresses on all of the covers and feeling horribly inadequate. I always thought that when I met my soulmate and married that I would just magically have this confidence about myself. But as I am finding, that's not precisely the case (it would have been really nice, though.)

So I came home and put in a search on make-up products in a search engine. I'm not generally the kind of girl to do that sort of thing. I'm one of those girls who has worn ripped jeans, a whole bohemian "I don't care" artist's look. But I'm finding out that I DO care. Apparently enough to start searching for make-up to cover up all of my insecurities that are popping up.

Long story short, I followed a chain of links and landed up here at Bella Online. I have been secretly wanting to find a group of women that I could belong to for a while and thought I would have to join a book club or something (which wouldn't be too bad, really) but stumbled upon this one by chance. Sometimes the best things in life happen that way.

And I logically know that make-up is not going to be the cure-all for my low self-esteem, no more than finding my husband was. I suppose by coming to this site I was hoping to find insight, sage advice, humor and someone to relate to... Have I come to the right place?

Love Always, Katie