Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kellyack91, sienawilson, Aaron Benjamin, test18818, Home Circus
56583 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56583 Members
417 Forums
111485 Topics
786262 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 287
Nancy Roussy 177
Rosie 66 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
loongdragon 118
James Andrew 105
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 76
Jilly 65
Lestie4containergardens 64
Susan - Meditation Editor 51
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#451174 - 09/10/08 06:02 AM Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I've made some wonderful friendships through quilting - having met many women from all walks of life and from different stages of our lives. Yet, quilting has always brought us together and I've some very special friendships that have been sparked by a quilt class, or a cottage group and so on.

Do you have interesting stories about your quilt friends? How did you meet? What does your friendship mean to you? Tell us about your wonderful friendships, we'd love to share.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Twitter Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Facebook Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to MySpace Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Del.icio.us Digg Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Yahoo My Web Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Google Bookmarks Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Stumbleupon Add Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Reddit
#451198 - 09/10/08 08:42 AM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
JanLouise Offline

The first time I demonstrated my patchwork in my local women's guild a friend told me her daughter Eileen liked to quilt...that was 3 years ago. We started getting together for fabric quests and exchanges - the only fabric shop at the time was 50 miles away and had no selection of quilting fabrics. (I had more fabrics in my stash than they had to sell!) Then an enterprising quilter opened a patchwork shop as her retirement occupation and we were off and running! Now we help her order fabrics. She told us about a woman who got a government grant to buy a longarm quilter - we visited her and now she quilts our bigger projects...and we have a nice lunch on our days out. Who could have known that 2 friends sharing a mutual interest could blossom into a cottage industry? We've spread our mutual contacts across miles and miles!

Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Twitter Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Facebook Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to MySpace Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Reddit
#451200 - 09/10/08 08:51 AM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: JanLouise]
quiltingmom Offline

I belong too a Internet Website Club and some little Lady from Australia found my Name.That is now almost 2 yr's ago. In the mean time we have shared more info about Quilting and family with each other then I can count.Our Fam. lives is almost the same .our interest's are the same and now we are doing our Quilting over the internet. our Biggst Dream is too meet some Day and just go Quilt crazy. But onced a Month we call each other and still can't believe how close and us Woman are and our Husband's are "Twin's" just a few year's apart.She has become the Sister I never had.

Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Twitter Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Facebook Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to MySpace Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories to Reddit
#451201 - 09/10/08 09:05 AM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: quiltingmom]
milliesgran Offline

I belong to a group of 65 quilters and over a period of years I have made many wonderful friends. We meet each week to quilt, learn from each other, laugh, chat and generally enjoy ourselves. We support each other through all sorts of disasters and share each others' triumphs.
I also belong to a small internet group and although I may never meet most of them, I feel like part of a big family.
These friends are so valuable to me. I don't think I could do without them.

#451223 - 09/10/08 12:52 PM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: milliesgran]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Welcome to all you newbies, its nice to have yous joining in. hope you all enjoy your stay
"Rosie"

#451777 - 09/12/08 01:01 PM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: Rosie 66]
LindaW Offline

Loc: Virginia
Recently I was vacationing in Ontario, Canada with friends. My friend was working on a quilt - the Underground Railroad. I thought it odd that someone from Canada would be interested in something like this enough to create a quilt anyway. She had each of the block patterns, but didn't know the story behind each block. When I got back to Virginia I came across a book dedicated to quilting the Underground Railroad. I found a very interesting story behind each block and I got quite the history lesson too. Slaves (probably a number from Virginia) traveled to Canada for freedom. They traveled much the same path as I did in my car trip from Virginia, through Ohio to Ontario. I plan to send her the book.

#451788 - 09/12/08 01:54 PM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: LindaW]
Helen Doll Making Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Missouri, USA
Almost 25 years ago a woman in my town put an ad in our little town paper for anyone interested in joining a little quilting group. So I joined. The first meeting was in her home and about 25 people showed up. Over the next several weeks the number dwindled to the 5 who stuck with it and it was perfect! We took turns meeting in all our homes, we worked on our own projects and would go through about 5 pots of coffee each Friday night. We met every Friday for about 5 years until one by one we moved away.

I loved that group and would love to find another like it in my new town.

#452053 - 09/13/08 03:54 PM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
tammie Offline

Loc: uk
hi
im new to all this, but thot id take up a hobbie, and seeing as i like sewing, and the fact that hubbie bought me a new sewing machine, it would b a waste to let it sit in corner and gather dust, so goin to attempt to make my first quilt. wish me luck, hoping to chat to, and make new friends, on here as well. bye for now
tammie

#452097 - 09/13/08 07:31 PM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: tammie]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Hi Tammie, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay!

#452265 - 09/14/08 01:52 PM Re: Quilting Friendships - our interesting stories [Re: Rosie 66]
tammie Offline

Loc: uk
thanks rosie. im hoping to try and come on at least once ady and read up on the things people have put on site, love reading all the different stories, and you never know it might jus help me along the way
tammie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Orchid Photography
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Ogden garden verse game
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Orchid Flora of Arunachal Pradesh – A Book Review
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
05:58 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
05:56 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
05:53 AM
The Goddess
by ancientflaxman
Spirituality
05:21 AM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
04:42 AM
My Website is live!
by Ketan bhargav
Inspiration
04:13 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
5 registered (Izeigo, anthonyroman1210, Anu D - Orchids, Nancy Roussy, Lestie4containergardens), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.