Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I've made some wonderful friendships through quilting - having met many women from all walks of life and from different stages of our lives. Yet, quilting has always brought us together and I've some very special friendships that have been sparked by a quilt class, or a cottage group and so on.

Do you have interesting stories about your quilt friends? How did you meet? What does your friendship mean to you? Tell us about your wonderful friendships, we'd love to share.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
The first time I demonstrated my patchwork in my local women's guild a friend told me her daughter Eileen liked to quilt...that was 3 years ago. We started getting together for fabric quests and exchanges - the only fabric shop at the time was 50 miles away and had no selection of quilting fabrics. (I had more fabrics in my stash than they had to sell!) Then an enterprising quilter opened a patchwork shop as her retirement occupation and we were off and running! Now we help her order fabrics. She told us about a woman who got a government grant to buy a longarm quilter - we visited her and now she quilts our bigger projects...and we have a nice lunch on our days out. Who could have known that 2 friends sharing a mutual interest could blossom into a cottage industry? We've spread our mutual contacts across miles and miles!

Q
Q
I belong too a Internet Website Club and some little Lady from Australia found my Name.That is now almost 2 yr's ago. In the mean time we have shared more info about Quilting and family with each other then I can count.Our Fam. lives is almost the same .our interest's are the same and now we are doing our Quilting over the internet. our Biggst Dream is too meet some Day and just go Quilt crazy. But onced a Month we call each other and still can't believe how close and us Woman are and our Husband's are "Twin's" just a few year's apart.She has become the Sister I never had.

M
M
I belong to a group of 65 quilters and over a period of years I have made many wonderful friends. We meet each week to quilt, learn from each other, laugh, chat and generally enjoy ourselves. We support each other through all sorts of disasters and share each others' triumphs.
I also belong to a small internet group and although I may never meet most of them, I feel like part of a big family.
These friends are so valuable to me. I don't think I could do without them.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Welcome to all you newbies, its nice to have yous joining in. hope you all enjoy your stay
"Rosie"

Rosie L
L
L
Recently I was vacationing in Ontario, Canada with friends. My friend was working on a quilt - the Underground Railroad. I thought it odd that someone from Canada would be interested in something like this enough to create a quilt anyway. She had each of the block patterns, but didn't know the story behind each block. When I got back to Virginia I came across a book dedicated to quilting the Underground Railroad. I found a very interesting story behind each block and I got quite the history lesson too. Slaves (probably a number from Virginia) traveled to Canada for freedom. They traveled much the same path as I did in my car trip from Virginia, through Ohio to Ontario. I plan to send her the book.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Almost 25 years ago a woman in my town put an ad in our little town paper for anyone interested in joining a little quilting group. So I joined. The first meeting was in her home and about 25 people showed up. Over the next several weeks the number dwindled to the 5 who stuck with it and it was perfect! We took turns meeting in all our homes, we worked on our own projects and would go through about 5 pots of coffee each Friday night. We met every Friday for about 5 years until one by one we moved away.

I loved that group and would love to find another like it in my new town.

T
T
hi
im new to all this, but thot id take up a hobbie, and seeing as i like sewing, and the fact that hubbie bought me a new sewing machine, it would b a waste to let it sit in corner and gather dust, so goin to attempt to make my first quilt. wish me luck, hoping to chat to, and make new friends, on here as well. bye for now
tammie

Hi Tammie, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay!

Rosie L
T
T
thanks rosie. im hoping to try and come on at least once ady and read up on the things people have put on site, love reading all the different stories, and you never know it might jus help me along the way
tammie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.