Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson
56586 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56586 Members
417 Forums
111495 Topics
786332 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lestie4containergardens 70
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#386371 - 03/04/08 12:44 PM Do You Eat Enough Fiber?
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Your daily fiber intake should be:

Women < 50 = 25g
Women > 50 = 21g

Men < 50 = 38g
Men > 50 = 30g

Here's my article on the topic -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Twitter Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Facebook Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to MySpace Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Del.icio.us Digg Do You Eat Enough Fiber? Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Yahoo My Web Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Google Bookmarks Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Stumbleupon Add Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Reddit
#386375 - 03/04/08 12:53 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Speaking of raspberries -

1/2 cup raspberries - 4.2g fiber

There you go, just a few raspberries each day will help out with your fiber intake!

Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Twitter Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Facebook Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to MySpace Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Reddit
#386388 - 03/04/08 01:24 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I love berries as a source of fiber!

I used to be a surgical technician and even 20 years ago, the surgeons told me that if everyone ate more fiber, their colon cancer rates would almost disappear-this was when doctors never talked nutrition or prevention.

Since then I've always gotten my fiber. Nuts are a very good source of fiber, plus good fats that actually help you lose weight. One oz of almonds has 3.35g fiber and 1oz of sunflower seeds has 2.53g. One TBs of flaxseed meal has 3.35g of fiber.

You could add one tbs of any of these to a good whole grain cereal. Many of these cereals have as much as 16g of fiber so you'd over half your daily fiber at breakfast!

Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Twitter Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Facebook Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to MySpace Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? to Reddit
#386439 - 03/04/08 02:49 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: joanj]
BellaOnline Editor

OK I'm eating my raspberries right now. So that's 4.2g for me. Also I discovered my morning EAS shake has 2g so that's 6.2g for me so far ...

I've also brought over my Triscuits. That'll be another 3g. So 9.2g total ...

These darn new raspberries are already spotty. Can't anybody sell raspberries that are fresh??

#386446 - 03/04/08 03:01 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: joanj]
Rhonda C Offline
Gecko

Originally Posted By: joanj
I used to be a surgical technician and even 20 years ago, the surgeons told me that if everyone ate more fiber, their colon cancer rates would almost disappear-this was when doctors never talked nutrition or prevention

Good point. I have a friend who is a GI doctor and he said that if everyone took Citrucel (or something similar) everyday, he would be out of business. Fortunately, these products come in pill form now rather than the powder that you mix with juice or water.

#386448 - 03/04/08 03:05 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Rhonda C Offline
Gecko

Great article, Lisa. As you pointed out in your article, it's not easy to get this much fiber daily...you really have to work at it. I like the idea of tracking your fiber intake. Many days I 'think' I got enough fiber because I made wise food choices but when I actually write down what I ate I realize that I fell short of the required amount. frown

#386460 - 03/04/08 03:12 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Rhonda C]
Rosie 66 Offline

I try to get a lot of fiber in my diet also. including fiber one as my breakfast cereal I also add organic golden Flaxseed Meal to just about every thing i eat.
You have to give me an E for effort ;o)

#386468 - 03/04/08 03:16 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Rhonda C]
BellaOnline Editor

Well and I think we even have fiber pills around here somewhere but they are HUGE and I choke on pills. So I just can't take them. I did finally find chewable "regular vitamins" and it is now a daily routine for me. So that was a big improvement for me. Let me go look up chewable fiber pills ...

OK I found some orange ones but it's only 2g per tablet. So that would be 10 tablets a day to even hit 20g. I know I get some normally in my diet but not NEARLY enough. I'm sure there are some days I only get the 2g in my EAS shake and nothing else.

Actually the container says not to eat more than 6 in a day. So you can only get 12g this way. I don't know if I can even guarantee that I'll get 8g a day in "meal form" every day ... still it's certainly better than NOT taking them.

OK I ordered some from Amazon - free shipping and I paid for them with my gift certificate which I earned as a commission for last quarter smile So my web book reviews are paying for my fiber smile

#386473 - 03/04/08 03:23 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Donna Coogan Offline
Jellyfish

One serving of Fiber One for b-fast will give you about half your fiber intake for the day. It is really a dry cereal, so I add low-carb strawberries and blueberries to mine to counteract that. I like to start my day that way bec it gives me a head start on my fiber right away.

I can't tell you the carb intake for 1 serving of the cereal bec I ran out and haven't bought anymore, yet! lol

Donna smile

#386486 - 03/04/08 03:32 PM Re: Do You Eat Enough Fiber? [Re: Donna Coogan]
BellaOnline Editor

I seem to be lucking out, my hummis has 3g fiber per serving and my pita chips have 2g. So that's another 5g meaning 14.2g. I might actually make it today ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
23 minutes 32 seconds ago
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by kiwistech
Cosmetics
Today at 02:09 AM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 01:37 AM
Yoga Relieves Back Pain
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
by Deb - Animal Life
German Culture
Yesterday at 10:30 PM
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 76 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.