BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Your daily fiber intake should be:

Women < 50 = 25g
Women > 50 = 21g

Men < 50 = 38g
Men > 50 = 30g

Here's my article on the topic -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Speaking of raspberries -

1/2 cup raspberries - 4.2g fiber

There you go, just a few raspberries each day will help out with your fiber intake!

Low Carb Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
I love berries as a source of fiber!

I used to be a surgical technician and even 20 years ago, the surgeons told me that if everyone ate more fiber, their colon cancer rates would almost disappear-this was when doctors never talked nutrition or prevention.

Since then I've always gotten my fiber. Nuts are a very good source of fiber, plus good fats that actually help you lose weight. One oz of almonds has 3.35g fiber and 1oz of sunflower seeds has 2.53g. One TBs of flaxseed meal has 3.35g of fiber.

You could add one tbs of any of these to a good whole grain cereal. Many of these cereals have as much as 16g of fiber so you'd over half your daily fiber at breakfast!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I'm eating my raspberries right now. So that's 4.2g for me. Also I discovered my morning EAS shake has 2g so that's 6.2g for me so far ...

I've also brought over my Triscuits. That'll be another 3g. So 9.2g total ...

These darn new raspberries are already spotty. Can't anybody sell raspberries that are fresh??

Low Carb Forum
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Originally Posted By: joanj
I used to be a surgical technician and even 20 years ago, the surgeons told me that if everyone ate more fiber, their colon cancer rates would almost disappear-this was when doctors never talked nutrition or prevention

Good point. I have a friend who is a GI doctor and he said that if everyone took Citrucel (or something similar) everyday, he would be out of business. Fortunately, these products come in pill form now rather than the powder that you mix with juice or water.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Great article, Lisa. As you pointed out in your article, it's not easy to get this much fiber daily...you really have to work at it. I like the idea of tracking your fiber intake. Many days I 'think' I got enough fiber because I made wise food choices but when I actually write down what I ate I realize that I fell short of the required amount. frown

I try to get a lot of fiber in my diet also. including fiber one as my breakfast cereal I also add organic golden Flaxseed Meal to just about every thing i eat.
You have to give me an E for effort ;o)

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well and I think we even have fiber pills around here somewhere but they are HUGE and I choke on pills. So I just can't take them. I did finally find chewable "regular vitamins" and it is now a daily routine for me. So that was a big improvement for me. Let me go look up chewable fiber pills ...

OK I found some orange ones but it's only 2g per tablet. So that would be 10 tablets a day to even hit 20g. I know I get some normally in my diet but not NEARLY enough. I'm sure there are some days I only get the 2g in my EAS shake and nothing else.

Actually the container says not to eat more than 6 in a day. So you can only get 12g this way. I don't know if I can even guarantee that I'll get 8g a day in "meal form" every day ... still it's certainly better than NOT taking them.

OK I ordered some from Amazon - free shipping and I paid for them with my gift certificate which I earned as a commission for last quarter smile So my web book reviews are paying for my fiber smile

Low Carb Forum
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
One serving of Fiber One for b-fast will give you about half your fiber intake for the day. It is really a dry cereal, so I add low-carb strawberries and blueberries to mine to counteract that. I like to start my day that way bec it gives me a head start on my fiber right away.

I can't tell you the carb intake for 1 serving of the cereal bec I ran out and haven't bought anymore, yet! lol

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I seem to be lucking out, my hummis has 3g fiber per serving and my pita chips have 2g. So that's another 5g meaning 14.2g. I might actually make it today ...

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.