Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
azirajewels, Chrissy Brady-Smith, Emma Lomax, noahmiller2, Yass Ifisovich
57459 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57460 Members
417 Forums
113585 Topics
806644 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 417
Nancy Roussy 228
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 64
Jana - Creativity Editor 57
Mona - Astronomy 51
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 40
mary-tea1 24
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#373166 - 02/06/08 08:03 PM "Danger is my middle name..."
Bugly Offline

Hello everyone,

Here's my dilemma/situation:

Ever since my husband was a teen, he wanted one of his sons to be named "Peter Danger" and go by Danger. First of all, I know that it's kind of weird that a guywas thinking about baby names as a teen... but let's put that beside the point. Haha.

Anyway, Peter is my husband's name. So the baby would be named after him. But then... Danger...

I actually don't think that it's all that bad, just a little interesting. But my mother thinks it's the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

Now, I don't know what I'm having yet, but I know that if it's a boy my husband will really be pushing this. So I'm interested to know what you all think. Good idea? Bad idea? Would you think it was weird if you met a kid named Danger?

All opinions appreciated!
Bugly

Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Twitter Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Facebook Add "Danger is my middle name..." to MySpace Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Del.icio.us Digg "Danger is my middle name..." Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Yahoo My Web Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Google Bookmarks Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Stumbleupon Add "Danger is my middle name..." to Reddit
#373294 - 02/07/08 09:11 AM Re: "Danger is my middle name..." [Re: Bugly]
Cookiecody Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Texas
Pray for a girl! LOL! Seriously, the things we think up as teens aren't always the best ideas, right? Remember the child will be an adult one day, and will carry this name until he's old enough to get it legally changed. Imagine the abuse he'll endure in school from cruel kids who make fun of anything "different".

If your husband wants to name a living being "Danger" he could always get a dog... smile

Cindy

Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Twitter Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Facebook Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to MySpace Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Del.icio.us Digg Re: "Danger is my middle name..." Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Yahoo My Web Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Google Bookmarks Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Stumbleupon Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Reddit
#373724 - 02/08/08 12:17 PM Re: "Danger is my middle name..." [Re: Cookiecody]
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Well, to be honest, I think it's sorta cool. smile

But I also think it would only fit well with certain personalities. For instance, one type of person might love the name and play it up ("Nice to meet you, I'm Peter Danger!"), while another might be embarrassed by it.

If your husband won't bend, you could consider two middle names -- maybe even two middles that start with the same letter (e.g. Peter Daniel Danger Lastname) so that your son can use a middle initial freely (and have the option to give either one name or the other if someone asks, depending on who that "someone" is).

Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Twitter Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Facebook Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to MySpace Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Del.icio.us Digg Re: "Danger is my middle name..." Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Yahoo My Web Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Google Bookmarks Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Stumbleupon Add Re: "Danger is my middle name..." to Reddit
#373738 - 02/08/08 12:38 PM Re: "Danger is my middle name..." [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
"Rosie" Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Massachusetts
There is a Chicago rock band thats named
"Danger Is My Middle Name"
they will be at the Metro on FEB 28TH
If you do a search (middle name danger) there is quite a few out there.
Its not a bad middle name!
kinda cool when he's a teenager!

#373763 - 02/08/08 01:17 PM Re: "Danger is my middle name..." [Re: "Rosie"]
M.B. Offline
Parakeet

What if the poor boy turns out to be a studious, quiet kid? I just think it's too risky to give someone a name that implies a certain personality BEFORE you know that person's personality.

It's like nicknaming someone you've never met and whom you know nothing about. You wouldn't do that! It would be presumptuous and just plain rude.

Talk him out of it!

At the very least, how about Daniel on the birth certificate? If the kid grows to be someone for whom "Danger" suits as a nickname, he could be nicknamed "Danny Danger." Might be a fitting "around the house" title for his energetic toddler years, even if he grows out of it later.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Tunafish - cans? packets?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 02:30 PM
Broomsticks Pagan shop
by Ninjahedgewych
Pagan
Today at 10:54 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:54 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:53 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 09:50 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 09:46 AM
15 Potluck Dishes for any Occasion
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 08:28 AM
Attention Deficit Disorder and Pet Ownership
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 08:26 AM
Cosmic White Christmas *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:34 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:25 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.