Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bugly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone,

Here's my dilemma/situation:

Ever since my husband was a teen, he wanted one of his sons to be named "Peter Danger" and go by Danger. First of all, I know that it's kind of weird that a guywas thinking about baby names as a teen... but let's put that beside the point. Haha.

Anyway, Peter is my husband's name. So the baby would be named after him. But then... Danger...

I actually don't think that it's all that bad, just a little interesting. But my mother thinks it's the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

Now, I don't know what I'm having yet, but I know that if it's a boy my husband will really be pushing this. So I'm interested to know what you all think. Good idea? Bad idea? Would you think it was weird if you met a kid named Danger?

All opinions appreciated!
Bugly

Please feel free to dance.
Preferably your heart out.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Pray for a girl! LOL! Seriously, the things we think up as teens aren't always the best ideas, right? Remember the child will be an adult one day, and will carry this name until he's old enough to get it legally changed. Imagine the abuse he'll endure in school from cruel kids who make fun of anything "different".

If your husband wants to name a living being "Danger" he could always get a dog... smile

Cindy

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Well, to be honest, I think it's sorta cool. smile

But I also think it would only fit well with certain personalities. For instance, one type of person might love the name and play it up ("Nice to meet you, I'm Peter Danger!"), while another might be embarrassed by it.

If your husband won't bend, you could consider two middle names -- maybe even two middles that start with the same letter (e.g. Peter Daniel Danger Lastname) so that your son can use a middle initial freely (and have the option to give either one name or the other if someone asks, depending on who that "someone" is).

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
There is a Chicago rock band thats named
"Danger Is My Middle Name"
they will be at the Metro on FEB 28TH
If you do a search (middle name danger) there is quite a few out there.
Its not a bad middle name!
kinda cool when he's a teenager!

Rosie L
Parakeet
Parakeet
What if the poor boy turns out to be a studious, quiet kid? I just think it's too risky to give someone a name that implies a certain personality BEFORE you know that person's personality.

It's like nicknaming someone you've never met and whom you know nothing about. You wouldn't do that! It would be presumptuous and just plain rude.

Talk him out of it!

At the very least, how about Daniel on the birth certificate? If the kid grows to be someone for whom "Danger" suits as a nickname, he could be nicknamed "Danny Danger." Might be a fitting "around the house" title for his energetic toddler years, even if he grows out of it later.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.