Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113607 Topics
806765 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 231
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 108
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 64
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 58
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#313277 - 05/14/07 09:52 AM What Burns You Up?

What burns you up? What specifically gives you heartburn? Have you developed heartburn from any of the medications listed in ´┐ŻWeakening the LES with Medication´┐Ż? When writing about heartburn, I would like to know where the majority of the risk factors are coming from when it comes to the public. Thanks!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add What Burns You Up? to Twitter Add What Burns You Up? to Facebook Add What Burns You Up? to MySpace Add What Burns You Up? to Del.icio.us Digg What Burns You Up? Add What Burns You Up? to Yahoo My Web Add What Burns You Up? to Google Bookmarks Add What Burns You Up? to Stumbleupon Add What Burns You Up? to Reddit
#321115 - 06/11/07 05:28 AM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: ---]
NYDAz Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Sin City
thanks....nice article

Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Twitter Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Facebook Add Re: What Burns You Up? to MySpace Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Burns You Up? Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Reddit
#323925 - 06/21/07 11:08 AM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: NYDAz]
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf

Loc: India
I get heart burn with caffeine.

Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Twitter Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Facebook Add Re: What Burns You Up? to MySpace Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Burns You Up? Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Burns You Up? to Reddit
#344572 - 09/28/07 11:08 AM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: ---]
BillieCat Offline
Gecko

Tomato sauce, onions, peppers, fatty/greasy foods all give me bad heartburn.
IBS irritants for me: any caffeine product, coffee, fatty/greasy foods, dairy, sugar.

#344715 - 09/28/07 05:26 PM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: BillieCat]
"Rosie" Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Massachusetts
Acid Reflux,(heartburn) we all know what gives us Acid Reflux but do you know what the complications are?
Complications of acid reflux include narrowing of an area of the esophagus(peptic esophageal stricture)esophageal ulcer, and precancerous changes in the lining of the esophagus (Barrett's syndrome) Inflammation of the esophagus may cause pain during swallowing and bleeding that's usually slight but can be massive. Narrowing makes swallowing solid foods increasingly more difficult,Peptic esophageal ulcers are painful open sores of the esophageal lining The pain is usually behind the breastbone or just below it and can usually be relieved by antacids. Alcohol,Smoking, Soda, Spicy foods, Coffee, Chocolate, Medications, just a few that can trigger Acid Reflux.

#344720 - 09/28/07 05:35 PM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: "Rosie"]
Lisa_Orlando Offline
Parakeet

I love spicy food, I make a mean beef brisket that I put a dry rub on that can bring you to tears if you get too much of it but it sure clears our your sinuses. I also love buffalo wings, I love a nice chicken broth with tabasco in it when i'm getting a cold. LOVE LOVE LOVE hot chili...as long as I take my antiacid before hand I am good.

Without it, even the natural lemonade I drink to help my kidneys gives me heartburn.

I take the generic of Ranitidine, I got 240 tablets at Costco for under 6 bucks. Their prices are unreal. The money I save on generic medications MORE then pays for my membership fee there.

#344829 - 09/29/07 12:11 PM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: Lisa_Orlando]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I eat a lot of garlic because it boosts the immune system but it does give me heartburn! For that I eat ginger and also peppermint capsules.

#344839 - 09/29/07 01:11 PM Re: What Burns You Up? [Re: joanj]
freespirit Offline
Koala

When my blood sugar goes up I get heart burn bad!!! also if I eat pizza 8 hours before I go to bed it kills me all night long!!

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
While you Were Sleeping Movie Review
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
16 minutes 12 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:37 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:36 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 08:33 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 08:30 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:41 AM
Best Body Care Gifts for Friends & Family
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 07:29 AM
Top 10 Mistakes at the Car Dealer
by Steve - Cars
Cars
Today at 07:04 AM
Winter Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 02:17 AM
Neurotic November Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mystic - Romance Movies), 98 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.