BellaOnline
Posted By: --- What Burns You Up? - 05/14/07 01:52 PM
What burns you up? What specifically gives you heartburn? Have you developed heartburn from any of the medications listed in �Weakening the LES with Medication�? When writing about heartburn, I would like to know where the majority of the risk factors are coming from when it comes to the public. Thanks!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: NYDAz Re: What Burns You Up? - 06/11/07 09:28 AM
thanks....nice article
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: What Burns You Up? - 06/21/07 03:08 PM
I get heart burn with caffeine.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: What Burns You Up? - 09/28/07 03:08 PM
Tomato sauce, onions, peppers, fatty/greasy foods all give me bad heartburn.
IBS irritants for me: any caffeine product, coffee, fatty/greasy foods, dairy, sugar.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What Burns You Up? - 09/28/07 09:26 PM
Acid Reflux,(heartburn) we all know what gives us Acid Reflux but do you know what the complications are?
Complications of acid reflux include narrowing of an area of the esophagus(peptic esophageal stricture)esophageal ulcer, and precancerous changes in the lining of the esophagus (Barrett's syndrome) Inflammation of the esophagus may cause pain during swallowing and bleeding that's usually slight but can be massive. Narrowing makes swallowing solid foods increasingly more difficult,Peptic esophageal ulcers are painful open sores of the esophageal lining The pain is usually behind the breastbone or just below it and can usually be relieved by antacids. Alcohol,Smoking, Soda, Spicy foods, Coffee, Chocolate, Medications, just a few that can trigger Acid Reflux.
Posted By: Lisa_Orlando Re: What Burns You Up? - 09/28/07 09:35 PM
I love spicy food, I make a mean beef brisket that I put a dry rub on that can bring you to tears if you get too much of it but it sure clears our your sinuses. I also love buffalo wings, I love a nice chicken broth with tabasco in it when i'm getting a cold. LOVE LOVE LOVE hot chili...as long as I take my antiacid before hand I am good.

Without it, even the natural lemonade I drink to help my kidneys gives me heartburn.

I take the generic of Ranitidine, I got 240 tablets at Costco for under 6 bucks. Their prices are unreal. The money I save on generic medications MORE then pays for my membership fee there.
Posted By: joanj Re: What Burns You Up? - 09/29/07 04:11 PM
I eat a lot of garlic because it boosts the immune system but it does give me heartburn! For that I eat ginger and also peppermint capsules.
Posted By: freespirit Re: What Burns You Up? - 09/29/07 05:11 PM
When my blood sugar goes up I get heart burn bad!!! also if I eat pizza 8 hours before I go to bed it kills me all night long!!
© BellaOnline Forums