BellaOnline
Posted By: MAA Looking for some advice about multi-level troops - 10/10/09 12:28 AM
This is only my second year as a leader. I have a brownies but I'm being ask to add daisies b/c we can't get anyone to take daisies. So I'm looking for some advice on doing a multi-level group. how you do both?
Hi there. Many, moons ago I had a brownie troop of over 27 girls, which was already too many; then the leader of the Juniors had to quit due to illness. I took over both troops and boy was that a job! (Right in the midst of cookie sales, no less!) Just because you have two different troops doesn't necessarily mean that they have to work on the same things. There are some projects that may be suitable for both groups, while others may not. Perhaps as an incentive for the brownies to earn a badge they can mentor some of the daisies with certain projects and such?
i know there are a few things they can do together. but my deal is how to do handle when they aren't working together.... two groups at the same time. we haven't gotten the daisy group yet. we will be registering them next weekend. There is just me and my coleader. I'm thinking that we need atleast one from the daisy mom's to help lead too. not only that, after looking over the daisy stuff, I could see being done with all the petals in one year. so what would I do their second year.
© BellaOnline Forums