BellaOnline
What do y'all consider the sexiest part of the body to get a tattoo on? (And I'm not talking x-rated areas here!)

Thigh? Hip? Shoulder? Someplace else?

What is your opinion?
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 06/30/06 06:00 AM
For a man, or a woman....?

For a woman, I would say just above the buttocks, centre/back, where the body starts to curve....
For a guy...
I have no idea...
I'm afraid (in both cases) it still depends on what the tattoo is and how the person looks with it.... What is "sexy" on one person, might be 'highly questionable' on another......!
Posted By: jadlyn Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 06/30/06 06:03 AM
I do not have any tattoo but i find it sexy on sacrum or hips, specially on women.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 06/30/06 06:24 AM
To me, it's a combo of the art and the body part. Can't speculate otherwise, although I will say in my experience that many of the guys who found my tattoos really attractive didn't have any ink of their own for me to admire back.
Posted By: reggie99 Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 06/30/06 10:53 AM
I think the hips or the butt on a woman is a sexy place for some body art. The lower back, just above the butt is just too overdone, too common.
Posted By: diat Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/03/06 01:12 AM
I think the back of the neck right between the shoulder blades is a very nice place for a woman. I also like the inside of the wrist. However, subject matter and quality have a lot to do with it. For guys, no place really sticks out. But I don't like tattoos on the front of the neck.
Posted By: M o e Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/12/06 03:39 PM
I alway like the spot below the belly button on a woman, like Drew Barrymore's butterfly. On a guy, the standard bicep. I really like the art rings around the arm.
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/12/06 06:51 PM
I do not think a tattoo on the lower back is sexy on a woman, I think it's overdone actually I'm surprised to see a woman in low risers bending over (ugh, slot machine, LOL) and see that she DOESN'T have a tat there.

Personally, on a man I like the shoulders, but I'm a shoulder gal.

on women I'd have to say the upper back, on the back of a shoulder or maybe the nape of the neck.

Meg
Posted By: Sofie Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/12/06 09:35 PM
I thought tattoos on the small of the back looked sexy - until suddenly everyone had one. Has anyone ever seen that skit they did on Saturday Night Live about those tattoos? Something about how there is now a whole legion of women in there 30s who regret getting their trendy tattoo. Pretty funny. My tat is about halfway between my pelvic bone and my belly button. My husband has one on his bicep and one on the back of his neck.
Posted By: xx7Laura7xx Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/13/06 11:14 PM
I want to get a tattoo on my stomach to the left, just above where a skirt/jeans line would be. I dont think alot of people do it and it's unique.
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/14/06 01:30 AM
My tats are on my back, right above my left buttock. hubby has one on his arm and is getting another on his shoulder soon.

meg
Posted By: alleonna Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 07/17/06 07:02 PM
for a woman I believe the sexiest part would be the shoulder
and biceps for a man.
Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/07/06 01:04 AM
I cringe when I see someone with a tattoo.
Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/07/06 01:06 AM
What gets me the worst is when I am in a restaurant and the waitress who sets my food on the table makes sure she sticks her tattoo right in my face. Gag!
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/08/06 12:05 AM
Tattooed people don't care that untattooed people are that way, but untattooed people seem to really fret about tattooed people.
Posted By: GtownmaGenealogy Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/08/06 01:09 AM
My brother came over and has new tats and they are super cool.. Beautiful bird above his chest are really hot... I know he is my brother, but he looks really good with them. Also has a woman on his biceps. My sister in law has some and she looks great too.
Posted By: ArtGlam Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/21/06 09:45 AM
Possibly silly question:

I am a non-inked person but have always been fascinated by the stories behind individual tattoos and the people who own/wear/live in them. (Used to date a guy who had beautiful body art.) I have also always wanted to know this but was afraid it would be taken as a negative question.
I mean absolutely NO disrespect whatsoever by asking:

Are there appropriate and inappropriate times to show tattoos?
Is there tattoo etiquette?
This kind of goes along with the tattoo etiquette...When is it OK to ask about tattoos?

I saw this woman in a restaurant with this absolutely gorgeous tat of a fairy on her arm, extremely intricate. And I realized I kept staring at it, trying to pick out all the details (like I would do with a painting) when it hit me that this was a person I was staring at! So I got up and went over to her table and apologized for staring, but said I thought her tat was just fabulous!

We got into a short discussion, but I thought about it later, and I wondered if I should have interrupted her dinner? I just didn't want her to think I was staring at her tattoos because I thought she was weird. but because I thought it was beautiful!
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/21/06 03:39 PM
You know, when it comes to tattoo ettiquette, there aren't any specific set rules. A lot of what is "ok" depends on the overall situation of the moment. At weddings, people sneak over to me to talk about my tattoos. At small parties in friends' homes, someone might yell out across the room for me to show something off, and sometimes I do.

As far as showing or not showing, that's an individual call. I usually don't make any special efforts to not show my tattoos, however, in the past, I did for a set of grandparents who just would have been really disturbed by them. My other grandmother knew all about them and I wore a sleeveless top to her memorial as it's the same sort of outfit I would have worn to have lunch with her.

I recently had a job interview and wore a top that let some ink show as it was for a retail position and I wanted to make sure the owner wasn't going to have any issues with them (she didn't say anything).
Posted By: CMDsPrincess Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/21/06 04:50 PM
I have one on my right hip.... it is like 3 inches to the right of my belly button and down 2.. it is the perfect spot for me because it is easily covered by certain outfits (dressy) yet easily shown off as well..... I want to get another though.... What does everyone think about the ankle? Oh and the tattoo in the small of your back is now referred to as the "hoe tat" Thank you Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/21/06 10:06 PM
The lower back happens to be very painful for a lot of folks too, and I've heard people complain that they got a tattoo there 'cuz everyone else had one, which made them figure it wasn't so bad... haha, not the case!
Posted By: toetapping Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/22/06 05:14 AM
I am with Jim Colyer. Tattooes do nothing for me, especially when those same people get into their 60's.
Posted By: Carla_Anime Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/22/06 06:33 PM
For a guy, I think either the chest or just near the pelvic bone. And, as maligned as it seems to be, for ladies I still think the base of the spine is beautiful (no I don't have one there, for reference!). It does depend on the tattoo though.
Posted By: toetapping Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/23/06 12:23 AM
I cringe when I see someone with a tattoo.

My sentiments exactly. Thanks Jim.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/23/06 12:35 AM
I'd just like to step in here and remind everyone that the Body Art Forum guidelines clearly state that this forum is purposely a welcoming and supportive place for body art.

Those of you who don't care for it, that's fine, that's your choice. However, repeatedly making derogatory comments is not welcome. If you don't like tattoo or piercings, I suggest you go to some other part of Bellaonline where you don't have to see or read about body art.
Posted By: CMDsPrincess Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/24/06 03:04 AM
I think that someone not liking a tattoo for whatever reason shows ignorance is still rampant in our society. Having a tattoo is just another way of expressing ones self. Tattoos have been part of society for a long long time. They symbolize anything from life experiances, to age, to being an elder in a tribe. Mine happens to represent my first year of sobriety from drug usage. I am going on three years now (in Nov) and I am proud to show off my ink. Next time instead of judging someone because they have ink, ask them why they have ink.

Cristina
Tattooed and proud.
Well, I've finally chosen my art for my first tattoo - it's of a pheonix carying a lantern - both symbols of hope and renewal for me. I'm leaning towards having this done on my back of my scapula area - as I think this piece is going to wind up being fairly large.

I decided that if I'm going to get a tatto, I want it to be for a personal reaons, a picture that's meaningful to me (not just flash chosen at random), and something that I can show off as art!

I'll send pics as soon as I get it done and healed!
Posted By: RoyBoy Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/31/06 02:08 AM
Delicate tattoo around the ankle looks great!!
Posted By: juggle_duck21 Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 08/31/06 02:52 PM
for a woman i think ones that go near the collar bone and up the side of the neck looks kool.

for a man a tatoo on the underside of his forearm or one that follows his spine is kool.

i find almost any tattoo awesome
Posted By: kathyvdf Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 09/03/06 08:30 PM
For me, it is more the artistic quality of the tattoo rather than the location on a person's body. It also depends on the person themselves - If you are considering your fist tattoo, consider the parts of your own body you want to call attention to, not so much what looks good on someone else.
Posted By: spiny Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 09/20/06 01:59 PM
I have read this with interest. I find the "hoe tat" or "tramp stamp" is actually very attractive if done properly. I have seen an example of a good one on an artists resource site. It is a traditional tribal style wrapover that starts in the small of the back, extends up about 5-6 inches and also extends over the hips and down towards the pubic region. It looks incredibly sexy. Anyone who loves traditional polynesian tatauing would do well to check this link. I just wish I could get over to Hawaii to meet the guy and see his work firsthand.

http://www.eatpoo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44326&highlight=tatau
Posted By: AimeeMae Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 10/07/06 04:35 PM
I think a tat on the foot of a woman is really cute. I want to get one there but am afraid of the pain.. (funny, having already gotten 4 tats and 13 piercings...) the pec is somewhere that I think is hot for a man to have a tattoo.
Posted By: Katja Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 10/23/06 03:26 AM
Foot tattoos are very difficult to have, though...
Posted By: M o e Re: Sexiest Part of Body to Tattoo - 10/31/06 11:01 PM
A friend put a lady bug on the top of her big toe and she said it wasn't bad. I guess there's a little bit of pudge there. I imagine the top of the foot where it's more boney would be painful. The same friend had a sun put on the middle of her back between the scapula and she said it was more painful than her toe. Of course bigger also would be more painful I imagine.
© BellaOnline Forums