logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143630 03/05/04 07:30 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I am having a problem with my female cat (cat #2 of three - altered long hair mixed tiger stripe). She is about 10 months old and eats EVERYTHING. For instance, if I leave something on the counter while I go to get the baby she will eat it. She eats raw tofu, raw meats, bread, baby food - ANYTHING I leave out for a second, she eats.
She doesn't usually get sick, but she is getting fat and I worry about her health!

I've tried a squirt bottle but she LIKES IT!!! I've used packing tape turned inside out but she can get around it. I'd like to say I will never leave anything ont he counters for a second or two, but it isn't gonna happen!

Any ideas? Today I had to scrub orange off her white paws because she fell into a pot homemade of soup! Thankfully it wasn't boiling yet, I had just turned the burner on under it. If I have to lock her in another room when I cook, I'm going to have to.

My other cats (11mo old male, 8 mo old female) don't do this!!!!!! My dog doesn't even do that!

Thanks,
Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Wow! I have 2 cats and owned cats all my life and never heard of something like this with cats. I would suggest maybe restricting her to 1 room and feeding her there, so you can control her a little more. Does she have a weight problem? Other than that you might talk to a veternarian, maybe he/she can shed some light on this subject

P
P
they have various sprays you can squirt around your kitchen, bitter apple and such, that keep cats out of the space.

Also...if the cat is obsessed with food, it must love treats. You could try training her using that, although I understand the problem with trying to train a cat not to eat using food as a reward

Another method is the pennies in a jar trick. It usually scares a cat

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.