#899736 09/18/15 12:45 AM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
I don´t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains. -Anne Frank ...

Life is about our perspective of it, not always the actual events, but the meaning we have assigned them.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are...Or we can decide for ourselves. - Choke, by Chuck Palahniuk

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
This seems to incorporate the sense of both of the previous thoughts.

We can let the circumstances of our lives harden us so that we become increasingly resentful and afraid, or we can let them soften us, and make us kinder. You always have the choice. --Dalai Lama

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Thanks for that Mona. It's all a matter of perspective and how we choose to let our experiences/circumstances affect us. Thank you!

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Lovely quotes Tracy and Mona smile

I really do think it's important to focus on the beauty - it's always there, but easy to forget about when things are tough.

Perspective is a powerful thing!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Deanna,

Thanks for you comments smile Sorry for late reply, my moderator status has not been updated yet so don't get alerted to new messages.

Very true, perspective is a powerful thing.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Does worry run your life? When you can 'catch the worry' and challenge it's feasibility, more often than not you can break it's intensity. Tracy

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
How's this for perspective?

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
--Thomas Edison

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Mona,

I love that quote. They say something similar in NLP - there's no failure only feedback smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
“No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance.” ― Robert Holden

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Our thoughts are only that, our thoughts; so why do we give them so much importance and live our lives from the belief that they are true? Tracy

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
'Life is not an emergency' Chicken Soup For The Soul

It's a great reminder as we race through life that life is not an emergency, let's slow down and enjoy the journey smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Tracy!
Fantastic advice.
In fact, I was just rushing through to finish up a proposal, when I looked around ate a piece of red licorice and figured out that if I instead finish and present the entire project, nothing bad will happen!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Thanks Michelle, Glad it helped smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Meditation helps to create space in our mind, making it easier to deal with what is in front of us instead of being caught in reaction to it. Tracy

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By Tracy - Mental Health
Does worry run your life? When you can 'catch the worry' and challenge it's feasibility, more often than not you can break it's intensity. Tracy

This makes me think of a Tom Petty song, Crawling Back to You, where he says nothing he worries about ever happens anyway.

Thanks for this reminder Tracy laugh

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By Tracy - Mental Health
'Life is not an emergency' Chicken Soup For The Soul

It's a great reminder as we race through life that life is not an emergency, let's slow down and enjoy the journey smile

Tracy, I LOVE that!!

I love this one too: Don't Freak Out.

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
LOL! Don't freak out is great advice smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. Shakespeare

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I love that quote Tracy!

Perception is a powerful thing laugh

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” ~ Tony Robbins

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Isn't that the best quote?!! I LOVE it! That used to be my way of doing things LOL!!!

There is just a way I like to do things, even when it doesn't work HA HA!! Probably because it's in my comfort zone.

I was thinking about some new actions I can take lately - and they mostly involve going out and meeting new people laugh

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I love that quote as well, Tracy.
That like totally applies to me at this point in my life. (I am starting to sound like a teen!)
Seriously, I have upped the way I do a few things and have even taken a few big chances!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Michelle and Deanna, yes its such a great reminder isn't it. Another take on the definition of insanity - always doing the same thing hoping for different results.

Wow to taking chances Michelle - its so good to break out of the comfort zone and see what we are capable of.

I know Deanna - it is funny but we all do it. Its like knowing winter is coming and you will be depressed so you wait for depression to come. I liken it to driving towards a wall knowing you will hit it and not changing direction.

Its great to meet new people and I'm very happy to have 'met' you both on here smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Tracy! I am very glad to have met you as well. You always have such great words of encouragement in your articles!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yay Michelle to the big chances!! And Tracy, I agree with Michelle, your articles are so encouraging smile I'm super glad to have met you!

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Thank you both smile I'm enjoying interacting and reading your posts both smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Life is the way it is, because we are the way we are.

When we change and "Be the change' as Gandhi suggested the world would be a different place.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Tracy - your above post is so very true! Without going into rambling detail, as I often do, in the past few weeks I have implemented some positive changes to my thinking and life.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh I LOVE it Tracy!! This is one of the reasons I am adamantly against the idea of "waiting for inspiration," before I write. I wholeheartedly believe that because we cause Life to respond to us through our actions, we have to take the first step. Be that change smile

Chel, rambling can be fun too laugh And I'm working on that too!

It is lovely to see you ladies this morning smile

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Awesome conversation ladies...that just took the blah right out of me. Refering to my post on the Coffee thread. Tracy you should join in that one, it's pretty fun.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Lovely to see you both too smile enjoying our conversations smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Allyson! smile Thanks for stopping by. Will definitely check out the coffee thread. Glad your enjoying our conversations smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
I love Joel Goldsmiths work. Here is one of his quotes

"Nothing can happen to you unless it is an activity of your own consciousness"

Joel Goldsmith

(The Infinite Way)

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I love that Tracy. I think I may have read some of his work, once upon a time. He's profound smile

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Joel's work is very profound. I love how expansive and inclusive it is. He was ahead of his time

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMGosh, NOW I know why his name looked so familiar!! Last year I noticed my mom had that very same book - I took it to read, and did start it. It ended up in a big pile of books I'm reading LOL!!! I'll give it a little more attention now laugh

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Ha ha! It hard work, not just an easy read. I read a few paragraphs then stop to reflect/meditate on what they said. His premise is that all that there is only One and It is perfect and that everything that exists is It manifest, and when we see the perfection of everything that exists we see God in it. Otherwise we just see through our perceptions and judgements. A bit like the ho'opponopono (probably spelt that wrong!) - I'm sorry I love you please forgive me every time we judge something to be other than 'God"

I find it really helpful when with people who are challenging me to remember that they are 'God' manifest and that it is only my perception/judgement that is seeing and experiencing them as otherwise. Very humbling

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
“If you believe you can or if you believe you can’t... you’re right.” – Henry Ford

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Anxiety keeps us focused on 'what if' mindfulness helps us to stay with 'what is' Tracy

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
"What you think of yourself is much more important than what others think of you"
Seneca

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning Tracy smile

What great thoughts to wake up to!!

I dug out my copy of "The Infinite Way," and have been enjoying it. I'm also extra loving that my mom (it's my mom's book) had gone through and underlined certain parts, and wrote little notes. I love that we have that connection. I may take it over when I visit her and read to her a bit - I'm sure she'll remember it.

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Morning Deanna smile It's afternoon here in the rainy UK.

Bless her, so cool that your mum is on the same journey. I have that with my mum too. It's lovely to share thoughts and experiences. I find Joel's work really expansive and wonderful. I'm sure she will hear the words somewhere when you read it to her later. How beautiful

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
I AM cannot be divided. I may conceive myself to be a rich man, a poor man, a beggar man or a thief, but the center of my being remains the same regardless of the concept I hold of myself. At the center of manifestation there is only one I AM manifesting in legions of forms or concepts of itself and "I am that I am." Neville - The Power Of Awareness

The Power Of Awareness is amazing. You can get a free copy online The Power Of Awareness

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you for this post, Tracy. I have really been concentrating lately on how I define myself to myself. If that makes sense. I would often define myself by how I think other people perceive me, making that Who I Am. Lately, I have practiced letting go of the fear of what others think or feel, and concentrating on the things I do and say, and how I feel about myself as I am.

Last edited by Michelle - Teen; 11/02/15 06:18 AM.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Tracy, I LOVE that quote!!! I AM an infinite being in a body laugh

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Chel thanks for your message. It's so liberating when we give up worrying about what others think of us. Its such a big thing. When we know ourselves and own every part of us it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. When we are who we are, we allow others to feel safe to be who they are smile its amazing how it releases everyone smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
'Let “I” “Die” That I May Be Revealed
If I go into meditation thinking of myself or of a human being whom I would like to heal, enrich, or make happy, then I am back in the metaphysical world, and probably even in the psychological or psychiatric world that has as its goal improving a human being, which improvement usually is not permanent. But if I am on the spiritual path, I go within and drop that human self, that human sense of “I,” and refuse to make any attempt to improve it, heal it, correct it, purify it, or enrich it. I ignore the appearances and abide in this I.Therein lies the peace of God' Joel Goldsmith The Infinite Way

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wondering out loud here -
So . . . what society may see as broken in me, and as what I may see as broken in myself, is not seen as broken by God?

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Yes Chel that's it. What we see are imperfect is just our version of things. Joel Goldsmiths work says that there is only one thing in the universe and It is perfect. Everything is that One thing manifest therefore everything is perfect - it is only us to perceive it not to be.

H'opponopono goes along the same lines and says that what we perceive outside of ourselves is what needs healed or accepted within us so by saying silently to everyone we meet - I'm sorry, I love you, please forgive me; we are apologising for our judgement of them and for seeing them less than the perfection that they are.

All imperfections are there because of our judgments - we created the possibility for them to exist in our consciousness and therefore our experience. They are not reality though. Does that make sense?

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Quote from Bill Hicks fits in with this too. This is the talented cartoonist zen pencils take on it.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Mona, I LOVE Bill Hicks.

And Tracy I LOVE that quote too smile

Thanks for all the inspiration laugh

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Thanks Deanna smile and you're welcome. Thanks for your inspiration too smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, that does make sense. What should we say when we meet others, and when we are introducing ourselves?
Would it be like "I accept you for who you are and I wish, or I know, you will accept me as I am as well?"

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
That sounds good Chel. I keep in mind that everyone and everything I meet is "God' or whatever word you prefer, manifest in front of me and if I'm not seeing that then it is my error. Saying something silently like you put above is perfect. Namaste is similar of meaning too - the could in me honours the soul in you...

As far as introducing myself I just hold the thought as above and give my name. I was at a Buddhist Festival a couple of years ago and took part in a Tantra workshop that involved gazing at people. I usually feel embarrassed doing that but I held everyones gaze in acceptance saying silently Im sorry I love you please forgive me so there was no judgement involved. To my amazement, everyone that I stood with cried during our interaction. They said they could feel the love and acceptance from me without me saying anything to them.

I hold the thought - their is only One and It is perfect - I and everything I see is God and we are all perfect

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Tracy, thank you so much for our counsel. I absolutely love your last line in this message.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
You're welcome smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Chel I wrote an ebook about this, not sure if you can get it as its only available on itunes - heres the link anyway There's Only One And It's Perfect

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Tracy, I downloaded two of your ebooks!!!
Thank you for letting me know about this.
Chel

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Oh wow! Hope you enjoy them smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”

― Henry Ford

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA.... my daughter and I were just discussing this concept yesterday. It's an awesome quote.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
“He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.” -- Stoic philosopher Epictetus

In an interesting piece in the New York Times by Arthur C. Brooks, he cites experimental evidence that "suggests that we can actively choose to practice gratitude — and that doing so raises our happiness."

He notes that common sense says that "choosing to focus on good things makes you feel better than focusing on bad things."

But it isn't all Me-Me-me, as Brooks also says: "In addition to building our own happiness, choosing gratitude can also bring out the best in those around us." And gives examples.

Lots of quotes, but worth reading the whole article. I'm grateful for having read this today!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Life is not happening too you, it is happening for you.

(Not sure who this quote is credited to as I can't find it anywhere)

I love to remember this when things are tough as it helps me to realise that there is a reason behind it and a gift in it even when I can't see it.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I love this quote too Tracy, and I can't think of who said it either - only that it's been around a while laugh

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. --Andrew Carnegie ...

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Tracy! I'm ready for the new year!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be. Wayne W. Dyer

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are. Anais Nin

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Love the quotes Tracy!!! And the Wayne Dyer one just inspired a wonderful train of thought for me to share on my facebook page - so thank you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Deanna Joseph

Shark
Shark
Karma is a "female dog" ----Me xD

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Ha ha love that Styx. Thank you smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Shark
Shark
Anytime, Tracy smile

My thought for the day: "Why does everyone near me act like twins? One minute, they're normal and friendly in front of others ; the next, so freaking mad and moody alone." -----Uggghh, I so hate hypocrites!!" >:(

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Yes there seems to be an inbuilt thing that we e to are prone to be accepted so we pretend to be something we're not because being who we are is not good enough - according to our thoughts of ourselves. People become people pleasers at their own expense and then become resentful and feel taken for granted. It seems to me that it's easier to be who we are instead of trying to be something else.

Thanks for that thought to ponder...

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
"Man cannot force the external to be what he is not" The Game Of Life Florence Scovel-Shinn

I love that! The book is amazing too. Here is a link to the book if you're interested

The Game Of Life And How To Play It

Last edited by Tracy - Mental Health; 02/05/16 08:50 AM.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.