Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
w323232 Offline OP
OP Offline
does any know? I'm flying southwest in particular. TIA! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi Jena,

Go to www.tsa.gov. Click on "Traveler's & Consumers" on the top bar (I couldn't get the specific page link because they use frames! Sorry!)....then click on "Prohibited & Permitted Items" on the bar on the left hand side. It is a pretty up-to-date list. All the knitting lists I am on advise checking it as you plan to travel in case there are changes....additionally, it is best to contact the carrier/airport directly, because apparently it is up to their discretion regardless of what is posted. I have heard that plastic circulars seem to pass the litmus test most often.

Further, the knitting lists advise taking along a self-addressed padded envelope in case you are told you can't take X on board...then rather than getting them confiscated, you can just mail it to yourself!

Best wishes & BOn Voyage!

Boneva Braaten
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
I always declare my knitting at check in and make sure I have room in my baggage just in case I am refused permission to take my knitting on board. I have only been turned down twice. Make sure you have knitting on the needles and plenty of spare yarn!!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I would be worried about having my needles confiscated and my project ruined, or losing a set of needles that I love. I suppose I could buy a set of safe looking needles, and then have the project strung on en extra length of yarn to hold the stitches if I have to toss the needles to get on the plane.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.