logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I know a lot of people who struggle with wanting to be thinner, but my problem is that I hate being thin. My whole life, everyone has always told me that I was too skinny. I'd get compliments on some days and then other days, I'd get the 'you're too skinny, eat!' comment from some other people. Most of the time when I ask people if I'm too skinny, they say no and that I look great. I'm in a dilemma where I don't even know how skinny I am anymore and it's kind of a problem... When I look in the mirror in my bedroom, I see myself as how I've always seen myself... a thin that I am okay with - not too skinny but I am aware that I am thin and would prefer having slightly bigger legs, and etc. However, in some other mirrors, I look way thinner in a way that I don't like. Also, when I look down at my legs, they look thinner as well. I don't know if my mind is playing games and it's just the angles that's distorting my perception and making me see myself as thinner or if I actually am a bad thin? I know I shouldn't care what people say and whatnot but it's hard not to. And this is just a problem I've been keeping to myself and was wondering if anyone can relate at all and have some answers? Thanks

Last edited by sweeticious; 04/30/14 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I can truly relate. It's due to endometriosis, a really sorry surgeon, and extreme blood loss during a hysterectomy - 30 years ago. This week I weighed 97 lbs. due to having dental work and getting dentures. In one week, I can lose 10 lbs. if I catch a cold, or have something happen out of the ordinary. I'm fighting to maintain 110 but first I have to reach it!

Being asked if I'm anorexic is pretty common but I eat all I can - and I still wear size 0! I shop in the teen section and I'm 62 - fortunately I'm still young at heart and of mind.

Try to up your protein intake and eat healthy snacks throughout the day. Exercise to stay flexible and help build energy.

Finally, talk with your doctor. I've had everything tested and I'm in pretty good shape - just tiny. But thyroid should be watched and (sorry) probably an upper and lower GI proctology scan should be done just to be safe.

Kathryn Jones Merry
Short Stories
Actually I am getting fat recently. SO can you suggest me, how may I can protect it? Thank you very much!

M
M
Hi. I have the same problem. And have noticed one thing. People, who tell me that i'm too thin are mostly of my age and have some problems with overweight. Or these are people who are much older, than me. So, as i know something about psychology, i can say, that people from the first group (overweight) have simple discomfort with their self-perception, they are a little jealous with my leanness. I can eat whatever i want whenever i want. i have no problems with clothes. That's why every time they look at me they recall their own problems with all this stuff. People from the second group have something like cliche: being thin means being sick. Or something like this. These people remember hard times, many of them couldn't eat as good as we can. So it's just a question of care. Sometimes I meet people with clear perception and they tell me "calm down, dear. As long as your health is good, your weight is not a pronlem". So maybe you can answer to all these people: "Don't worry about me, I feel good in my body. And my body is my own business"?

M
M
by the way, yes, thyroid can cause permanent loss of weight, but there are also other problems such as permanent lassitude, irritability and so on..

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I think that it is important to remember that we can never know the mind of another. To broad brush an entire group as "too thin" or "too fat" does not account for individual differences. The goal of the body image site is for all of us to not only be comfortable with our own bodies, but to also be comfortable with other peoples choices as well. Not everyone who is overweight wants to be thin and has problems and not everyone who is thin has suffered deprivation

First and foremost, make sure you are healthy. Schedule a doctors appointment and rule out any under lying medical issues that may need attention. Then, stop listening to other people. Make peace with your body exactly as it is. This body is simply a vessel for who you really are. Focus on making that what is important. Sure, if you want bigger legs, by all means find exercises to help achieve that goal, but remember what is truly important.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A lot of people are naturally thin because they have a faster metabolism. Learn to love your body and learn to love yourself. Stop listening to others that think you are to skinny. Instead, you should remember that the only opinion that truly matters is yours!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I was bullied a lot and one of the reasons why I was bullied is because I am thin. I always was and probably always will be.

It has become acceptable to make fun and to insult people who are skinny. The classic go eat a sandwich is the most loved comeback of these people. They do not even care that they are insulting and making fun of someone who may be anorexic or have another disease, it's just the normal thing to do to attack skinny people.

I always have considered myself ugly and sometimes I do find myself too skinny but strangely the way I look have never been attacked by myself (i love to denigrate myself).

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.