Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Text from MASTER THICH NHAT HANH.

The determintion egin anew is a very powerful energy.It can help
begin to heal our wounds right away and releive our sufferings
and the suffering of others.We can help many people be liberated
from their guilt by offering them this kind of teaching and practice.

THE DISCOURSE OF LIVING HAPPILY in the present moment is the most ancient teaching on this subject.The Buddha said many times that his teaching was to jelp people to have peace and Joy in the present moment,which would guarantee noy only their present happiness but their future appiness as well.
If the present can be joyfull ,the future can also be joyful.The Sanskrit phrase:Drishta-dharma-sukkha-viharin:sums this up.Drishta means what cn be seen ,touched and realized in the present moment.

DHARMA means phenomena, SUKHA means HAPPINESS.VIHARIN, means
abiding ."Touching the present moment,we abide in in HAPPINESS."
There are always internal and external conditions to make us Happy in the present moment.

It keeps getting and getting more profound and more Happy.loong

loong
simple buddhist,and blissful

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
to all or none ,

just made some research on the Discourse of living happily.

Could not find anything in Thera lineage howeverMaster THICH NHAT HANH WRITE A BOOK ON IT.
I will order it from amazone

loong
always searching

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This is not to deny that there are also elements of suffering in us and around us .But the elements of suffering do not remove the elements of Happiness.If we touch only elements of suffering
we are not really livingSome people become imprisonned in their
suffering.Whereever they look ,hey see what is wrong,what is hurtful.They may know in principle that the flower is beautiful and the sunset is Majestic,but they are not able to touch them There is a wall surrounding them that prevents them from being in contact with the flower,the sunset.and all the wonders of the natural world and the present moment that are always available to them.

If these people could touch the healthy and beautiful things that lie within them and around them ,their suffering would decrease.
It is not enough to touch our suffering . We have to be in touch with the healthy and wonderful things in life as well.To do this a group of friends ,who smile,share with us ,understand us,and take steps with us ,in freedom to help us out of our world of darkness.

From a book by THICH NHAT HANH.

Loong's comment:I was that person.for most of my life,where I disagree with TNH ,is the suffering person is the only one that can change itself,others can't.Whom do you know that will take you out of your personnal hell,YOU,try to make friends when everything that comes out of your mouth is suffering.
I am sure ,TNH was raised in a Sangha ,I was not,I was raised in a self made mental prison,where only I had the key.

loong
ex-sufferer in this Now,simple dhamma warrior and buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,If a feeling of suffering ariseswe embrace it with the energy of Mindfulness.We dothat fo all our ancestors and for future generations.The suffering is not an individual manifestation
but a collective manifestation from many generations and from society. We are not the only one responsible.

From a book by TNH

loong
simple buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

from the book Understanding our Mind by TNH.

Space,time,and the Four Great Elements
are all manifestations of consciousness.In the process of interbeing and interpenetration,
our store consciousness ripens in every moment

Every Dharma ,every phenomenom ,is conditioned.Conditioned Dharmas
are combinations of other elements . A flower per example s made
of the elements of clouds ,sunshine seeds,minerals,and so on.In the past the Buddhist Masters taught that there are some dharmas that are not conditioned .They said that space is not conditiuoned by anything and so t is an unconditioned dharma .But we know that just
as a flower is made on-flower elements ,space is also,made f non-
space elementsso it it too,is a conditionned dharma.

loong
simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
TO ALL OR NONE,

THE FOUR GREAT ELEMENTS,are earth,water,fire and air.They are the
four energies of the material Universe..Earth is the energy of Solidity.Water is fluid and penetrating.Fire is heat and warmth.Air is the force that leads to movement.These four energies can be transformed into other energies.A waterfall can become electricity and light.We should not think of these four elements as separate or independant.They depend on one another.
Sometimes space and consciousness are added to these four elements
make six elements.Sometimes time and direction brings the list
to eight.All the elements including space and time ,are manifestations of consciousness.

loong's comment: I have been writing for over a year now on various subjects,It is so clear that everything is Illusions created by our Mind consciousness.If I am unconscious,there is no pain,no happiness,no thoughts,no actions,no wind no sun no birds no leaves

There is only...NO THING....
So remember EVERYTHING IS MERE ILLUSIONS.

loong
simple buddhist
n.b. the text written over tat period were and are to explain the workings of such Mind when we are conscious.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Text from the book by TNH Understanding our mind.We usually think of space as something empty.But physycists have shown that when matter is diluted ,it becomes space.The theory of relativity shows that space and matter are one realityIf there is no space,there is no matter.Is there is no matter there is no space.Space-a seemingly empty phenomenom-is able to bend matter,a seemingly solid phenomenom .We look at a galaxy and it appears curved .If you put a branch in a glass vase filled with water .the branch will look as though it is curved ,or broken.

Loong's little comment : getting scientific .Tomorrow shall shed more light.

loong
simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Time is also energy.Time makes space ,and space makes time.Outside of time there can be no space.Outside of space,there can be no time.Einstein has said that time and space are two aspects of the same reality.

Let us go togrther climb the nameless mountain.
let us sit on the ageless blue-green stone,
quietly watching time weave the silken thread hat creates the dimension called space.
n.b.rom a collection of poems by TNH 1999

loong
simple buddhist
From the book Understanding our mind.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

The text cited in this post is from the book Understanding our Mind
by MASTERTHICH NHAT HANH

"consiousness manifests in many forms.Consciousness is an energy that helps from earth ,water,FIRE and air.The four great elements.
Each of the elements contain s all the others.We cannot separate reality into pieces and say that that piece is not that piece.
We know that that piece includes all the other pieces.One energy includes another like the waterfall that gives energy to produce electric light.Our body is in an energy and so is our thinking.Each energy influences all the others .This is INTERBEING."

loong:s comment:This is what i call Oneness.

loong
simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Thanks to the reading the writing ,processing the comprehension of the book"Understanding our Mind" ,What I knew of the workings of the sub/unconscious ,were confirmed and made clearer,having thought the working of the subconscious for 12 years to about
10,000 seatings minimum.

I discovered also that MIND is! What ..Mind is! How it creates all that we live . Without the reading of that book .I would not know of the true Creator.

loong
a simple buddhist.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.