Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
We are in the section of volition
There are other things that are appealing but which are not dangerous.For example ,going out of your way to help people.
You are motivated by the desire to help,to serve,to reconcile.
Maybe there will be some danger ,you may even lose your life.But if you have a lot of Compassion,if you have the insight that there is no birth and no death,you are no longer afraid and you go anyway.That kind of desire is Wholesome.That is Foliation.
THICH NHAT HANH,

Loong
Friend with death ,simple Buddhist.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

My life being pretty hectic in the last few days weeks.This morning I realized that I was not paying attention to my breathing recently. This afternoon when I will be researching for new data for the various threads, remember this is this afternoon ,not Now, I will meditate the Vipassana way for a 15 minutes.

Every little bit helps.

loong
simple buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Impermanence,can be understood in two ways.The first is Impermanence at every moment"Moment to moment Impermanence. We have to see birth and death in every moment.And the other kind of Impermanence is cyclical Impermanence. We see disintegration of the body every day.But underneath impermanence is Continuation.

Loong,scomment:In Buddhism ,this text to me is one of the most
important ,because it shows many things.
First we die and get rebirthed every Now,
Second ,it shows that there cannot be an "I"=Non-Self
Third Impermanence
Fourth the #1 is ,My belief part of Samsara the wheel of dying and
Rebirthing.
So as one can see ,this text is primordial in simplicity to explain so much of Buddhism.

Loong
simple Buddhist,filled with Joy.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Mindfulness is the inviter.Mindfulness is the gardener who believes
in the capacity of the soil to provide flowers and fruits.Sometimes
Mindfulness can play the role of the initiator.Suppose you are mindful that your beloved one is sitting in front of you.Breathing in,I know that my beloved one is sitting in front of me .And I
notice that is something important.She is alive.She is present in front of me.It soon be good if I say something nice to her,because tomorrow I may not be there to say it.And then you look at her ,and you say,"Darling ,I know you are there ,and I am so happy"
So Mindfulness can act as an agent and initiate some thought,or some speech,or some action.That is why we can say that Mindfulness
May come later,or Mindfulness sometimes ,if we want,can be the initiator of some thought,some speech,or some action .Understanding
This process,we know there is a chance for us to be free.And great freedom begins with these little tiny freedoms that we bring about with our Mindfulness.

Loong
simple Buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Every time,I did that,I got this or I got this.You can observe the law of cause and effect.In this way,Mind consciousness is capable
Of learning from the past.Learning from the past will give us freedom ,and that is an element to help us to make good decisions,decisions that will help us not to suffer in the present moment or in the future.Mind consciousness can help us learn about
the past and also learn about the future ,because the future is available here and now.

Loong
simple buddhist

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Originally Posted By: loongdragon

Mindfulness is the inviter. Mindfulness is the gardener who believes in the capacity of the soil to provide flowers and fruits.

Sometimes, Mindfulness can play the role of the initiator.

Suppose you are mindful that your beloved one is sitting in front of you. Breathing in, I know that my beloved one is sitting in front of me, and I notice that is something important. She is alive. She is present in front of me.

It soon be good if I say something nice to her, because tomorrow I may not be there to say it. And then you look at her, and you say, "Darling, I know you are there, and I am so happy."

So, Mindfulness can act as an agent and initiate some thought, or some speech, or some action. That is why we can say that Mindfulness May come later, or Mindfulness sometimes,if we want, can be the initiator of some thought, some speech, or some action.

Understanding this process, we know there is a chance for us to be free. And great freedom begins with these little tiny freedoms that we bring about with our Mindfulness.

Loong
simple Buddhist.

For whatever reason, timing had me pop in at this moment and this message from Loong - seems SO relevant!!!

I tried, lol, to edit sort of, just periods and comas and underlining what came over my Soul as Quite important (I pray/hope it did not offend and if it did, please just tell me...pretty please smile and/or put it back the way you intended).

I see what you see! AND at times it can be a tortuous event (more often than not) especially when you've seen beyond and know as human beings they are capable of SO much more...but the fear that keeps them in chains...

It's an illusion is all I can say, and MANMADE from ingredients I wouldn't put into the common stew.

I feel, Loong - if you can receive this msg, you are coming into your own...what you were sent and meant here to do, past the aggravation, the frustration, etc.

If this msg. was on the wrong track, I'd simply come out and say so. This particular msg/post, feels spot on and more significant than ever.

Thank you smile

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 03/01/14 02:02 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Elleise.

When I copy a book from a Master,I do not change anything,even if I know he makes mistakes with his writing style.
I dare not change anything.

loong
a simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Elleise,
I do not get offended,I hope THICH NHAT HANH will not too.

loong
simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none ,
Text by THICH NHAT HANH.

We know that the future will be made only of the present moment.The substance with which the future is made is the present moment.That is why looking deeply in the present we already see the future.If there is peace,harmony,Right Effort,and Mindfulness now,we know the future will be good.But in the present moment we are only a victim of our habit energies,we know that the future will not be as good.
We can already see the future now.That is how mindfulness can uncover not only the present moment,but also it can uncover the past and uncover the future.

Loong
simple Buddhist learning from the Masters

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none
From a book by MASTER THICH NHAT HANH.

How can we learn the practice of No-Self?When you learn something for the first time,you use your mind consciousness to
understand.And after some time it becomes a habit ,and your Mind consciousness does not have to be aware anymore.There's a process
Of forming habits,a tendency to automate everything and use our store consciousness, so that even if you do not pay attention to what you are doing,you can do it correctly,like walking.When you walk ,your mind may be entirely absorbed in your thinking about other things,and yet eye consciousness collaborates with store consciousness enough for you to avoid accidents.

Loong
learning more,simple Buddhist.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.