Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Taken from chapter #9.

We can create paradise or hell in our minds.

All manifestations of phenomena arise from our store consciousness.

Looking into the seed of anger(peace worst enemy) in us,we can see it individual and its collective nature.Our anger has roots in our experiences with our parents,teachers,friends,and our own lives.

Because all manifestation has both an individual and collective aspect,it would not be correct to say that a young man in prison bears the whole responsibility for his crime,he is the product of his family and I add absence of one,his schooling ,or lack of, and

This is from me : The INDIFFERENT society.

TNH
LOONG
MESSENGER AND PARTICIPANT.

Loong's comment:For those who are not regulars ,I was stabbed
Last April,in the back by a 19 to 20 year old young man stoned to death .He took me for an undercover cop or a narc.
This boy ,lives in one of the worst section of his town,his domain is about a 125 feet long,sure he can,t read
Nor write correctly,.There is no way ,I will be mad at that young boy and accomplice.No one ever took the time to love him.

I do

Loong
A simple Buddhist

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I love the new picture of you!

Suchness - we never did bring over our private thread on that to here did we. Maybe we can add a bit on suchness now. Suchness is the direct perception of reality without any mental modifications. This arises when we have cut through all layers of obscuration - manas et al. We use the word 'arises' because it isn't something we 'attain' - it is simply there when we see through all of the other layers that usually capture our attention.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa my Teacher,
Funny yesterday did more research on Suchness.
Here is what I found.

As aresult ,the Mind can see unconditionned events in their Suchness.
To its own suchness ,unrestrained,uninfluenced by anything of any sort.

loong
buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none

Store consciousness is the garden,mind consciousness the gardener.THE gardener has faith in the earth and entrusts to it
seeds he considers to be important.Store consciousness has the power to maintain,nourish ,and bring forth what we expect to have.In the practice of meditation ,we trust our store consciousness.We plant seeds in the soil of our store consciousness,and we water those seeds.We trust that one day the seeds will sprout and bring forth plants,flowers and fruit.
Thich Nhat Hanh

loong
Messenger and learner.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

We are capable of reaching the field of things in themselves,the
world of Such ness,but because we think and discriminate we don't
usually perceive things as they truly are.The nature of our mind is obstructed(parikalpita).This means that we build a world full of illusion for ourselves because of the distorted way we perceive reality.Meditation is to look deeply in order to arrive at reality
First the reality of ourselves and then the reality of the world.To get to that reality,we have to let go of the images we create in
our consciousness and our notions of self and other,inside and
outside.Our practice is to correct this tendency to discriminate and think dualistically ,so that reality will have a chance to reveal itself.

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Earlier,in the Buddha said section ,the Five remembrances were listed..
SO ,The practice of the Five Remembrances helps us face our fears
Directly and not see them as enemies.They are us.Our happiness,our suffering,our love,and our anger are all us.We treat all mental formations in the same way,in the spirit of non-duality.We do not turn ourselves into a battlefield ,with one side fighting the other.Some traditions teach just that-the right must do battle
to overcome the wrong.In Buddhism,we see both sides as ourselves
and we try to accept and look after all parts of ourselves,recognizing their interdependent nature.Our afflictions,our unwholesome mental formations,must be accepted before they can be transformed.The more we fight them,the stronger they become.The more we repress them,the more significant they become.

Great text.

Loong
Buddhist,part of the Oneness.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

What can we do to transform our deep rooted seeds of suffering?
There are 3ways…I will have to resumate each one ,the texts being
very long.

1-The first way ,let these seeds lie in our store consciousness
Sow new seeds good ones,peace,joy,happiness.The Mind consciousness sends these new seeds to the store,so they interact and transform seeds of suffering .This is called indirect transformation.

2-Practice constant Mindfulness, it allows us to recognize the bad seeds as they arise.When they arise as a mental formation,in our Mind consciousness, we bathe them in the light of Mindfulness.
As the bad seeds are touched they weaken.
With Mindfulness ,we can recognize them and NOT BE AFRAID.

3-The third is for those who are pretty mindful only.
So in the 3rd way ,the way to deal with the seeds that have been with us since childhood to deliberately invite them up into our Mind consciousness,. When our Mindfulness is strong and
Stable, we do not have to wait for the seeds of suffering, to arise Unexpectedly.We know they are lying there in the basement of our store consciousness and we invite them up into our Mind Consciousness. Loong,s comment,:-) I would call this third one the Direct Approach.
Let the games( changes) begin.........

Loong
Ready as always.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Although Mind and objects of Mind are considered two different
Fields,in fact,they are One.Mind is the perceiver and objects
of Mind are The perceived.But perceiver and perceived can never be separated;they make one whole.Objects of mind do not arise independently of Mind_including the body,the feelings,and all other mental formations_are products of Mind.
Text by THICH NHAT HANH.

Loong
Simple messenger and learner.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Some of you might not have heard of supramondane powers.

I possess a few.On my way to my favorite restaurant ,where I do all
My research ,I saw myself sitting at a table I prefer.Really saw
Myself.As I am reading this I AM SITTING AT MY TABLE.In some
Other post ,I will explain what these powers are.

Loong
Buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

From the chapter" Ripening &Emancipation( seeds in store consciousness).

The ripening of phenomena happens in three ways.

1)RIPENING AT DIFFERENT TIMES.
Suppose we pick a custard apple,a bunch of bananas,and a jackfruit and put them away.The custard apple will ripen first,then the bananas,and finally the jackfruit.The seeds that our parents ,grandparents,and,friends sow and water in us always ripens sooner
Or later.There is no need to ask,"Why am I not transformed when I have studied so many teachings of the Buddha?Why do I still not
Feel peace and joy when I have practiced walking meditation so much?Each seed ripens in its own time.Our practice is simply to water the positive seeds in ourselves.We should have confidence that if we continue to water a certain seed,it will germinate and grow.
2)RIPENING OF DIFFERENT VARIETIES.
An unripe banana becomes a ripe banana-it can never become a ripe custard apple.
3)RIPENING AND CHANGING.

When something ripens,many of its aspects change completely.An unripe orange is green and sour.A ripe one is orange and sweet
Text by THICH NHAT HANH,

Loong the messenger and learner.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.