Dear Teacher,

Thank you.

Loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
What ,I like about this text,it speaks of Anger.

All manifestations bear the marks
Of both the individual and collective.
The maturation of store consciousness functions in the same way
In its participation in the different stages and realms of being.

Only when the seeds hidden in the depths of our consciousness
Mature and manifest in our mind consciousness do we become aware of them.When our anger and sorrow are dormant,we cannot see them.But when we become angry,our face reddens,our voice rises,the seed of our anger has ripened and we notice it.The seeds of anger were there before we became angry ,but they were hidden in our store consciousness.If we had said "I am not angry ,"this would not have been correct.The seeds of anger were there even though they had not yet manifested.

Master THICH NHAT HANH

Loong,s comment:From what I have read ,and meditated,the seeds of anger,must come when Karma transfered at rebirth ,or from seeing ,hearing others get angry.!

Loong
Mahayana Buddhist.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon

Loong,s comment:From what I have read ,and meditated,the seeds of anger,must come when Karma transfered at rebirth ,or from seeing ,hearing others get angry.!

I think both of these plant the seeds, but then our experiences growing up add to it. Neuroscientists now know that so much of our emotional patterning is 'written' into our brain in early childhood. So yes, the expressions of anger from those around us when we are children will plant more seeds, and join with any karmic seeds of anger we have brought in with us.

But then there is the issue of fears and safety too. From a psychological perspective, anger is a defensive reaction - usually fear is triggered first. And so we are more prone to angry reactions if we have a fundamental feeling of not being safe. This is why trauma survivors so often have issues with anger. The trauma creates a pattern of always feeling unsafe, of never quite feeling safe no matter what the circumstances, and then as soon as that feeling of being unsafe is triggered, the anger rises up as a defense - as a way of trying to 'fend off' whatever lack of safety we perceive. And if we did not feel safe as a child, these patterns can be very deeply written, into our neural pathways. It takes time to 'rewrite' them, but it can be done.

And so to work with anger I think it's really important to look at the underlying fears and insecurities...the anger is usually the second layer, the fears and insecurities are the root layer...

My favorite part about this TNH passage is this:

Originally Posted By: loongdragon

Only when the seeds hidden in the depths of our consciousness
Mature and manifest in our mind consciousness do we become aware of them.When our anger and sorrow are dormant,we cannot see them.But when we become angry,our face reddens,our voice rises,the seed of our anger has ripened and we notice it.The seeds of anger were there before we became angry ,but they were hidden in our store consciousness.

I like this because it shows how really it is a blessing when we are triggred, because it shows us what is still not free within us. It's easy to cut ourselves off from life, and I think some spiritual seekers do this, but then it's easy to get 'tricked' into feeling as if we are liberated, when in fact there are many things lying dormant within us.

So although it's hard, every time we are triggered is truly an opportunity for working with ourselves, and for growth.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Teacher,

I am in total agreement,with you,completing with more data.

Always respectful
_/\_
Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Those that have read me on a regular basis,are aware that I have been having terror nitemares for years.
Ihave just awaken from or by one.
I fight ,with my mother ,in which I tell her ,no I yell at her ,crying saying that she killed me Inside,she killed me Inside.She never let me live when I was a child ,that is why I grew up all f...ed. up Inside.Still today at 67 years old ,the
source of all my anger ,got out in my dream ,the lack of love and affection during the time she was alive .As I write this ,I am slowly coming back to today ,to now .

My mother died ,I was 17 years old,and all those years after,
I pretended to myself that I forgave her for what she had done
to me.It seems I ,did not.

As I write this text ,I am trying to come back from the hellish
feeling ,I woke up in.I apologise for this post.Seeds of anger
can be very deeply hidden.The last few posts ,are what I beleive
uprooted this nitemare.When I was a child ,I hated my mother,I was so like her.Still am .
I thought that I had forgiven her,looks like .I did not

a 67 years old boy
Normand Joly

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all,

I am sorry for the post i have just written.
I wrote it for 2 reasons.One ,I had to write it to come out of the nitemare,Two to show everyone that there are still a lot of things hidden in our store consciousness,that we do not know about.I am still not feeling well after writing these 2 posts .
I don't want to go back to bed because the terror nitemare ,will continue.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Loong, I am so sorry that you had this difficult nightmare. Please be especially kind to yourself today. It takes time to decompress from a dream like that, because your psyche really went to the heart of the matter. Are you still going to therapy? If so, this is a wonderful dream to discuss there too.

Although it was difficult, I can't help but view this as a very good occurrence though, in your spiritual journey, because you are now dealing with the seeds of your fears and anger directly, instead of with just the effects or current triggers. It's like a wave has brought something to the surface of your mind, just like the ocean tides bring debris up to the beach. The good thing about that is that then we can clean the beach and get the debris out of the ocean, whereas if it isn't brought to the surface, it just stays sunk at the bottom of the ocean, wreaking havoc.

But you do need to be gentle with yourself. My own suggestion is not to try and force forgiveness. Instead focus on lovingkindness towards yourself. The rest will naturally occur as the processing continues.

Movement and healing nature are also great after a surfacing such as this. I am not sure what the weather is like there right now (probably cold!), but if there is any chance of a little walking in nature that would be great...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Teacher,

Thank you for your kind words.

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
We can create paradise or hell in our own Minds.

All manifestations of phenomena arise from our STORE CONSCIOUSNESS.

Looking into the seed of Anger in us,we can see its individual and
its collective nature.Our Anger has roots in our experience with our parents,teachers,friends,and our own lives.

Loong's comment:Someone asked me :What about my freedom of choice,if I only respond from seeds in my store consciousness?
My answer is the following.Even if my store consciousness sends me
the result of the seeds living inside my store consciousness,
I always have my Mind Consciousness,to help me deal with the reaction ,it can even change the view of the seed in my store consciousness. Whatever you live,always remember that Mind,and
Mind consciousness, is always the master/creator.

Loong
Mahayana Buddhist.
This is all for today.

P.S.Always remember that I cannot write the whole book ,I have to choose a phrase that will in some way resume the whole text read.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

People use drugs,liquid or solid,because they are in pain and want to run away from life.
Putting someone in prison like this in prison is not the way to solve the problem.There has to be love and understanding,some means of bringing him back into life,offering him joy,clarity,and purpose.

Loong,s comment:Being an addict myself ,you are never healed .from your addiction,whichever it is .May it be alcohol ,drugs,women,
Gambling,it is an every day fight,not to go back to the hell of addiction.
You may give love ,comprehension to an addict ,but if he has not hit button of his sufferings,these will do nothing to him/her.
On January 17 the 2014 ,I will be clean and sober for 37 years,
plus 36 years of smoking.I have learned to live in various groups for addicts,one day at the time.
Luckily for me ,Buddhism has thought me to live one moment at the time.
So if anyone out there is stuck with an addict or is an addict,
the only thing that will rid you of your addiction cravings ,is a spiritual experience,there exists no other way out,oh yes ,there is death,mentally affected for life or prison.
Loong
Addict,but clean and sober.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.