Next Thread
Print Thread
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
This 1994 film is a lighthearted romantic comedy with a New York State lottery win at the center of the story. It stars Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda. Have you seen it?

Read the full review here.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I remember this movie. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon. I didn't know it was loosely based on a real event. Nice to hear that the real prize was shared without any problems.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I Haven't seen the movie i'll have to watch for it
Has anyone ever known anyone to win the lottery ,
I know of one friend who won "TEN GRAND" wink

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
"It Could Happen to You," is one of my utmost favorite movies in the world. I own it myself.

What's inspirational, SoOo inspirational about this movie is the presentations of obstacles, True-Love, finances/hardships and how, w/all the chaos there can be in decision-making, both fate and true-of-heartness can take a hand in Destiny. Both, the kind movies are made of and those that Do in fact exist today!

If you've ever been to Maine, in mid-November, you're apt to have a handle on the weather, the winds and the temperatures, especially when it comes to the ocean.

Today, I met w/my parents and dressed for the weather (30's...winds 20 mpr). I was feeding the seagulls by the ocean and they came inland from all over. It was like something out of Alfred Hitchcock, lol (The Birds).

They were eating from my raised hand w/some bread and one of them took my winter hat (pulled it right off and flew out to sea).

My husband dropped everything, my parent's looked off in shock and without thinking, he ran into the ocean, thigh-deep, and sloshed back in-land, retrieving fuzzy-hat and all.

I've won some lottery monies (that's an entirely different story, lol), but nothing like seeing him do something like this today, could ever compare with those experiences. Not ever wink

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 11/19/13 03:00 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
What a sweet story Elleise. Your husband sounds like he keeps everyone on their toes.

I really enjoyed the movie too. It reminded me of that quote (not sure where it originates), "When one door closes, a window opens."

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Yup,

There it is!

There's a play by play, where there's a "Seagull's Most wanted" poster out and about. But this guy??? OH my GOSH!

He went from sitting on a rock watching the ocean and holding the breadcrumbs, to taking off his coat and flailing into the waters.

The irony is...I did make his wish come true. Before we left, he said, "I love the ocean, but is there anyway to actually get INTO the waters this late in the year?"

Well, be careful what you wish for. Especially around me it appears, lol smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Moderated by  Trish-D 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.