Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson, test18818, Home Circus
56584 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56584 Members
417 Forums
111491 Topics
786318 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 72
Jilly 69
Lestie4containergardens 67
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#823999 - 05/30/13 09:38 PM Quilt Pattern for a child to make???
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Loc: West-Central Minnesota
Next week is the last week of school. My granddaughter, who is 9, spends one day a week with me over the summer vacation. I told her that we'd make her a quilt this summer. So,...... confused

I'd like some suggestions of scrappy patterns that you would recommend for a child to make. smile

Thanks. GrannyH

Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Twitter Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Facebook Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to MySpace Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Del.icio.us Digg Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Yahoo My Web Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Google Bookmarks Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Stumbleupon Add Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Reddit
#825600 - 06/11/13 06:11 PM Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? [Re: GrannyH]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi GrannyH, I hope you managed to find a pattern for your granddaughters visit. Let us know how you got on.

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Twitter Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Facebook Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to MySpace Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Reddit
#826974 - 06/22/13 05:17 PM Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Loc: West-Central Minnesota
Judie, we did not decide on a pattern. For now we're just going to do a lot of half-square triangles. Then I'm thinking I'll let her view all the options on a design board, and she can make the final decision. Or maybe I'll hand down my love of sampler quilts and we'll make a block of each of the possibility of the half-square triangles.

This summer may just be one of beginnings without worrying about finishing. If you do have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Happy Quilting.

Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Twitter Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Facebook Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to MySpace Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? to Reddit
#827319 - 06/25/13 05:10 PM Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? [Re: GrannyH]
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I love the idea of using your love of sampler quilts and using half square triangle technique to make some sampler squares. The designs are endless and you could even get her to design some blocks herself. This is certainly a great way to get your gd into quilting. Have fun
Cheerio for now

#828678 - 07/06/13 08:31 PM Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? [Re: GrannyH]
SusanMarie1956 Offline

Love the advice on here. Susan

#828680 - 07/06/13 08:57 PM Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? [Re: GrannyH]
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi SusanMarie, welcome to the forum for quilting. Me thinks you might be a 1956 baby? Am I right. I am too!! I was born during the Melbourne Olympic Games in Nov 1956. My Dad didn't get to see me for about six weeks because he was attending the games as an equerry to the royal party, in his capacity as a naval officer. 1956 was a very good year!

Cheerio for now

Judie B

#828716 - 07/07/13 12:36 PM Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
SusanMarie1956 Offline

Hi! Thank You for the note. And yes.. I was born in 1956. And my name is " Susan "... Too many other Susan's to be able to use that name on here. Susan

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Extreme Frugal Confessions
by AKLisa- Knitting Editor
Frugal Living
13 minutes 14 seconds ago
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Francine - German Culture
Container Gardening
38 minutes 22 seconds ago
100$ Gas Gift Card - Shell,Exxon,BP,Sunoc
co

by purat
Freebies
Today at 05:54 PM
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
German Culture
Today at 05:27 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Today at 04:37 PM
What did you donate or recycle today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 04:29 PM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Today at 04:26 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 04:25 PM
Spring and German Farmhouses
German Culture
Today at 04:16 PM
Big news - signature of Big Bang inflation found!
by Kathryn - Short Stories
Astronomy
Today at 04:08 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.