BellaOnline
Posted By: GrannyH Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? - 05/30/13 09:38 PM
Next week is the last week of school. My granddaughter, who is 9, spends one day a week with me over the summer vacation. I told her that we'd make her a quilt this summer. So,...... confused

I'd like some suggestions of scrappy patterns that you would recommend for a child to make. smile

Thanks. GrannyH
Hi GrannyH, I hope you managed to find a pattern for your granddaughters visit. Let us know how you got on.

Cheerio for now
Posted By: GrannyH Re: Quilt Pattern for a child to make??? - 06/22/13 05:17 PM
Judie, we did not decide on a pattern. For now we're just going to do a lot of half-square triangles. Then I'm thinking I'll let her view all the options on a design board, and she can make the final decision. Or maybe I'll hand down my love of sampler quilts and we'll make a block of each of the possibility of the half-square triangles.

This summer may just be one of beginnings without worrying about finishing. If you do have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Happy Quilting.
I love the idea of using your love of sampler quilts and using half square triangle technique to make some sampler squares. The designs are endless and you could even get her to design some blocks herself. This is certainly a great way to get your gd into quilting. Have fun
Cheerio for now
Love the advice on here. Susan
Hi SusanMarie, welcome to the forum for quilting. Me thinks you might be a 1956 baby? Am I right. I am too!! I was born during the Melbourne Olympic Games in Nov 1956. My Dad didn't get to see me for about six weeks because he was attending the games as an equerry to the royal party, in his capacity as a naval officer. 1956 was a very good year!

Cheerio for now

Judie B
Hi! Thank You for the note. And yes.. I was born in 1956. And my name is " Susan "... Too many other Susan's to be able to use that name on here. Susan
© BellaOnline Forums