Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none.
I believe ,I wrote a post,in an another thread,regarding this subject.

What I, have lived, recently,gave me enough material,to write a thread,on the above subject.

Some parts of my writings ,some ,will find hard to read,to face.
I humbly ,reveal,my dealings of Mara in the mansland/human world.
To those who do not know who Mara is,in Buddhism ,,,I,,
See Mara as The dark side, the source of all evil.

This post will be sufficient for an opener.What will follow in future posts,will demonstrate,clearly,the difference between the 2 worlds.

Loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Looking forward to your sharings, Loong. May I add my own take on Mara? Mara is the ways we ourselves block ourselves from knowing our own essence, from knowing ourselves as pure light and awareness. It is the way we separate ourselves from this - all of the ways we identify as something other than this light and awareness. This initial separation, our identification with 'I', then leads to all of our desires and aversions which keep us trapped in this limited perception of ourselves and others. This is Mara.

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 05/01/13 08:57 AM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Teacher,
Back to Mara, It has to be an invention of the sem Mind.
All being, from the Mind(rigpa).To me mentionning the dark side,
represents all that is not good,not from outside but from the inside.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To me mentionning the dark side,
represents all that is not good,not from outside but from the inside.

I agree. I think the habit of our mind is to think in terms of the outside - what and who is 'good' or 'evil'. But it is not so simple. We all have moments when we do not act from a place of compassion, kindness or connection with the light within us. This is mara, or separation. And we all have moments when our innate goodness does come through. These are our moments of insight, clarity, and union.

It is simply a matter of degree. There are some so trapped in mara/separation that all, or almost all, of their actions are harmful and violent. So we call them 'evil'. And of course at the level of society we must deal with them accordingly. But if we simply dismiss them as evil we forget that they are separated from the same thing we seek in ourselves. We deny our own separation. And then ironically that becomes part of our own mara/separation!

So this is the role of compassion. It cuts through this labelling and objectification. We can see we are all suffering in the same way from this separation. We can open to this and allow more of our own light to come through.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This post ,could have also been put in ATMAN/samsara

Since I have been back home from the hospital,I felt that the progress was not fast enough!
Had a flash a few moments ago:My body dies every present moment and is reborn a little bit more healed.However at the same time aging,bringing this living corpse closer to the bardo of death.

So loong ,live a Now at the time.

loong
always learning

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

In this post ,I,, will try to describe what mansland ,and,spiritual land,mean to me..

MANSLAND: I see it as the realm of mampower.Money,cravings ,attachments,fetters
Where there is no place for purity of the Mind.(rigpa).Women/men,are attracted
To power,to the self -ego.Self in buddhism does not exist.So,these people are living
Some sort of dream,just like in the Matrix. Buddha called these people:IGNORANTS:

Their life is filled of suffering and they do not even know it.Each craving is a source
of stress,stress,creates suffering,so does attachments to people ,animals,earthly
Belongings.That in Buddhism is known as the First Noble Truth.

SPIRITUALLAND:Realm of the Mind.Realm of unattachment,uncraving,no more
Fetters. Mind(rigpa) reings,Mind,makes one mindfull,then moves on to Mindfullness.
Mindfullness is the capacity to live in the Now,living in the truth and reality of the moment.What we call life is just a suite of Nows.
When one attains the capacity ,to always be in the Now, suffering disapears,and is replaced by bliss.Astate of Mind, I have been living for a while seperated of moments not living my Now.

So this post becomes the basis of many other posts ,to come

Loong the learner

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
My next post ,will be my last (now)voyage in mansland.Rough and tough.

Loong
The learner

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I like your definitions of mansland/spiritualland, yes you are right that it could have been called atman/samsara or perhaps maya/nirvana.

But (and you know it is my job to have a 'but' to inspire thinking and discussion!), it's important not to think that it is really about one group of people living in 'mansland' and another in 'spiritualland'. In truth we all go back and forth every day. We all have moments of ignorance or of being lost, and moments of clarity. For some, it is true, that might sadly only happen a few moments in life. For others, once we enter the path, we can live in 'spiritualland' more and more often. But even the great teachers will talk of the power of mind to pull us back in at times. There are whole teachings devoted to the 'traps of being a master' or the 'traps of being a teacher' because even after one has had great realization, one still has to maintain vigilance.

So we practice just to practice. If we get too caught up in the idea that we are trying to move from one land to another, it becomes just like wishing for heaven. And then we judge ourselves when we are not 'good' enough. So be careful not to create a duality that sets everything up as black and white. We are all shades of gray - and shades of light:-)

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear ,dear Teacher.

Being alive,I know that ,I will have to enter mansland on occasions.Remember ,afew times .you mentionned ,I had ascetic traits in my personnality.For that you are right.This morning
met a friend that used to be pretty rocka and roll.I hope you understand what ,I mean.He lived,tried to work with kids.
Now .he has found himself a job taking care of horses.To be as far as possible from humans
When I told him ,my recent stabbing and toldhim that I already
pardonned them,he said: they would already be DEAD.

Buddhism has changed me in my deepest reactions thanks mostly to
(Rigpa).Equanimity and Mindfullness.

A grateful
loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Recently in various threads,I spoke of the event I lived on the 17 th of april 2013.
this post will give you the details ,some might not like what they will read,it's o.k. with me.However judging another individual,is a lack of compassion and comprehension.

So April 17 th ,picking up a youg girl (lap dancer),on her street in Laval .p.q.,4 young kids come out of a convenient store.In their mind ,I am an undercover cop,checking the area.
when ,in reality .I am about 25 feet from the girls house.

They come out yelling ,policeman ,not pig or cop.
I get out of my car,and ask the leader what was the problem.
He yells :you're lucky ,I don't have my knife with me.So I ask him to show me his knife(not too bright of my parth,)I still have a YIN side,and that is where i went.They ran for maybe 75 feet.I turned my car around and followed them.As I stopped the stabber kicker my car,as I was bending down.I saw one of the two ,
give the knife .to the youngest.Since I was bent a little,
he kind of jumped over the car ,and stabbed me in the back ,perforating a lung.I have seen and reseen the film of the event in super slow motion,am missing about 1/3 of a second.
First thing I know .I am on the ground,4 people holding me down.
I managed to see where the 2 agressors went,then i left myself be treated.Already lost a pint of blood.A policeman came up to me in the ambulance,told him where the kids had fled.He came back 5 minutes later telling me ,they were already arrested ,they had the knife and all.I want to thank that policeman for his compassion.
He will drive tomorrow about 60 miles to take my written deposition,at my house.

Heroes or angels are everywhere.The ambulance guy,and that policeman,who opened the road for the ambulance,to the hospital.
Man/ladies what a ride smile.Truth is so easy to say and live with.

That is it for today.My next post will be about what I think of both lands.

If I have offended someone,I apologize deeply.

Truth, I beleive to be a sign of a good spiritual life.

loong

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.