Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113608 Topics
806770 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 416
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 108
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 58
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#297235 - 03/06/07 11:44 AM What do you think about classic films being remade
Carla - Classic Film Offline

For anyone out there interested in classic films, you all know there are plenty of remakes of these movies... do you like the old version or the newer ones better? Let me know!

Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Twitter Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Facebook Add What do you think about classic films being remade to MySpace Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Del.icio.us Digg What do you think about classic films being remade Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Yahoo My Web Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Google Bookmarks Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Stumbleupon Add What do you think about classic films being remade to Reddit
#297238 - 03/06/07 12:00 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Carla - Classic Film]
Alexandra Offline
Zebra

Loc: Verulamium, England
I have yet to find a re-make which is as good or better than the original....

Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Twitter Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Facebook Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to MySpace Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What do you think about classic films being remade Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Stumbleupon Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Reddit
#297263 - 03/06/07 01:08 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Alexandra]
conniem Offline
Koala

Loc: oklahoma
I agree that I haven't seen a remake yet that was as good as the original.

Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Twitter Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Facebook Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to MySpace Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What do you think about classic films being remade Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Stumbleupon Add Re: What do you think about classic films being remade to Reddit
#297329 - 03/06/07 07:46 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: conniem]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Ohio
I agree. It is rare to find a remake as good or better than the original. The only one I can think of is the 1982 remake of The Thing starring Kurt Russell.

I have been angry seeing remake of some classic films like "Planet of the Apes" and "Flight of the Phoenix", a classic Jimmy Stewart film.

#306108 - 04/09/07 05:38 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Craig58]
Jim Colyer Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Nashville, TN
Remakes never work, but they sure cost a lot of money.

Logan's Run (1976) was going to be remade, but the project has been shelved.

#306793 - 04/12/07 10:14 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Jim Colyer]
M o e Offline
Tiger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Now, I'd like to see a remake of Logan's Run.

I agree though, remakes of already successful films don't seem to be as good.
Latest Favorite Things Blog
* Wool Pea Coat Review
Latest Squidoo Lens
* Plus Size Active Wear

#307314 - 04/15/07 08:56 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: M o e]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Ohio
A new version of Logan's Run might be interesting. The original film was good, but not great. The ending was lousy and did not match that of the book. It would be interesting to see a film that sticks to the book's version of Last Day as being at age 21, not 30 as in the film.

#808162 - 02/26/13 09:25 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Carla - Classic Film]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Loc: Grand-M├ętis, Quebec, Canada
I hate remakes of classic movies! If the movie is good, great or excellent then leave it alone! Remakes should only be for movies that were average, bad, very bad and horrible. I am ashamed to say that when I was younger I made fun of the people that were mad because of the remake of Ocean's Eleven and that I could not understand why they were so mad about it. Well, not too long after there were talks about remaking some of my childhood classics and then I understood them (i even had a flashback of what i said about it and them). Now the young people doing the same thing when going to see the remakes of classic movies will also soon understand when one of their classic is screwed up by a remake!

#811885 - 03/18/13 01:49 PM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Carla - Classic Film]
Grace - Mystery Movies Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Oceanside, CA
On the whole I don't like remakes. I think they get made because most younger movie goers don't see the appeal of older, often black & white, movies so producers want to lure them with color, special effects and big stars.

There's the odd exception. I think Alfred Hitchcock was right to remake his own movie 'The Man Who Knew Too Much'. He said something to the effect that the old version was made by a gifted amateur, and the new one by a seasoned professional.

But the 1970s remake of 'The Lady Vanishes', with Cybill Shepherd and Elliot Gould, was beyond awful. They should have left the 1937 Margaret Lockwood / Michael Redgrave version alone.

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

#837016 - 09/09/13 09:41 AM Re: What do you think about classic films being remade [Re: Carla - Classic Film]
goobie Offline

I have to agree. Remakes are never as good as the original and are usually pretty disappointing. I kind of wish they would leave the classics alone and come up with something new, but I guess a part of me hopes they'll come out with something cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ellie Radu - CF Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
53 minutes 28 seconds ago
Winter Solstice in Ireland
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Today at 09:58 AM
While you Were Sleeping Movie Review
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Today at 09:23 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:37 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:36 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 08:33 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 08:30 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:41 AM
Best Body Care Gifts for Friends & Family
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 07:29 AM
Top 10 Mistakes at the Car Dealer
by Steve - Cars
Cars
Today at 07:04 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.