logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
For anyone out there interested in classic films, you all know there are plenty of remakes of these movies... do you like the old version or the newer ones better? Let me know!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
I have yet to find a re-make which is as good or better than the original....

Koala
Koala
I agree that I haven't seen a remake yet that was as good as the original.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Parakeet
Parakeet
I agree. It is rare to find a remake as good or better than the original. The only one I can think of is the 1982 remake of The Thing starring Kurt Russell.

I have been angry seeing remake of some classic films like "Planet of the Apes" and "Flight of the Phoenix", a classic Jimmy Stewart film.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Remakes never work, but they sure cost a lot of money.

Logan's Run (1976) was going to be remade, but the project has been shelved.

Tiger
Tiger
Now, I'd like to see a remake of Logan's Run.

I agree though, remakes of already successful films don't seem to be as good.

Parakeet
Parakeet
A new version of Logan's Run might be interesting. The original film was good, but not great. The ending was lousy and did not match that of the book. It would be interesting to see a film that sticks to the book's version of Last Day as being at age 21, not 30 as in the film.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I hate remakes of classic movies! If the movie is good, great or excellent then leave it alone! Remakes should only be for movies that were average, bad, very bad and horrible. I am ashamed to say that when I was younger I made fun of the people that were mad because of the remake of Ocean's Eleven and that I could not understand why they were so mad about it. Well, not too long after there were talks about remaking some of my childhood classics and then I understood them (i even had a flashback of what i said about it and them). Now the young people doing the same thing when going to see the remakes of classic movies will also soon understand when one of their classic is screwed up by a remake!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
On the whole I don't like remakes. I think they get made because most younger movie goers don't see the appeal of older, often black & white, movies so producers want to lure them with color, special effects and big stars.

There's the odd exception. I think Alfred Hitchcock was right to remake his own movie 'The Man Who Knew Too Much'. He said something to the effect that the old version was made by a gifted amateur, and the new one by a seasoned professional.

But the 1970s remake of 'The Lady Vanishes', with Cybill Shepherd and Elliot Gould, was beyond awful. They should have left the 1937 Margaret Lockwood / Michael Redgrave version alone.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

G
G
I have to agree. Remakes are never as good as the original and are usually pretty disappointing. I kind of wish they would leave the classics alone and come up with something new, but I guess a part of me hopes they'll come out with something cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.