Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87, fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender
56995 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56995 Members
417 Forums
112504 Topics
795246 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 730
Beetlemess 707
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Nancy Roussy 187
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 128
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 120
Linu 111
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#722315 - 10/29/11 04:32 PM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
Ore Gorman Offline

Loc: Annapolis Junction, Maryland, ...
As a youngster.. I to had the classic G.I Joe.. Until my grandmother found it and threw it into their burning garbage pit.. For some odd reason.. she didn't like the fact the boys play with dolls. In some since of the word.. it is true that boys shouldn't play with dolls (In the classic doll form) Later I turned to metal or die cast figurines.. I would have to say this is the closet thing to dolls there is.. Thou for little hands.. the metal or die cast figurines would be a bit risky.. if and when your child is ready.. try the plastic figures to begin with.. then as they get older move more towards the metal figures. In a since.. as the grow.. introduce paints and paint techniques in creating a accurate looking and weathered figure.. which is slowing becoming a lost art..

Edited by WizardOfTheStone (10/29/11 04:33 PM)

Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Twitter Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Facebook Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to MySpace Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dolls For Boys? Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Reddit
#722320 - 10/29/11 05:08 PM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Well...I am here to say that the dolls I made for my son and grandson proved to be a very good thing for both boys. Both my son, who is an adult and has a child, and my grandson are very nurturing and loving souls. I think when a boy has the chance to love a doll and cuddle it, positive feelings towards real babies and other people begin to cultivate within them. The dolls I made were cloth, soft and cuddly. The boys saw the dolls as friends and buddies to share secrets with, to hold on to in times of fear or insecurity (like when they had to be with babysitters, or when they had to go to the doctor, dentist, etc.).

There is far too much worry and concern placed on gender oriented toys for children in my opinion. If you think about it, girls turn out to be naturally nurturing and loving adults because they were allowed to act like a parent/caregiver when young. Boys have to struggle harder to learn to be nurturing and loving adults because they were not given the chance to take care of a dolly. Society demands that boys be strong and fearless and girls be soft and nurturing. I see absolutely nothing wrong with letting the child determine which toys he/she wants to play with. This is my humble opinion.

Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Twitter Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Facebook Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to MySpace Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dolls For Boys? Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dolls For Boys? to Reddit
#722358 - 10/29/11 07:59 PM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
Ore Gorman Offline

Loc: Annapolis Junction, Maryland, ...
I Agree with you Phyllis.. and I don't think I turned out so bad.. Mother taught me to sew and I did very well on my wife's wedding dress.. and no.. I don't consider myself to be fearless.. but humble.. and yes I still have my rabbit doll my other made for me in 1964

#799369 - 01/07/13 05:15 AM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
clairehobby Offline
Shark

i think boys are not fond of dolls. Does dolls for boys and for girls have distinguish?

#802346 - 01/24/13 10:10 AM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
RagDollsRising Offline

I think it's great for a boy to have a doll. I make rag dolls, including some boy dolls. Last month I sold one to a grandma from Great Britain who said they have a tradition in there family of giving rag dolls to boys on their first birthday, it was so fun to be a part of that. Boys have stuffed bears, why not a doll?

#802688 - 01/25/13 06:07 PM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Angie Offline
Zebra

Phyllis, I have one doll in the house. It was my daughter's first doll when she was one. Her three year old son happened to find it recently. He treats it like a baby and started to include the doll in some activities like reading a book - the doll is company. One of his cousins is about a year old now so he is used to seeing a baby being fed, hugged and rocked.

#802691 - 01/25/13 06:09 PM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: RagDollsRising]
Angie Offline
Zebra

As I continued reading I recalled my son and nephew along with my girls received Cabbage Patch dolls!

#802770 - 01/26/13 09:53 AM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Angie]
RagDollsRising Offline

Yes, dolls are just little pretend people, what girl or boy doesn't like a little friend to share things with.

#802775 - 01/26/13 10:04 AM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Ore Gorman]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Why do you say "it is true that boys shouldn't play with dolls (In the classic doll form)"? I don't see any problem with boys playing with traditionally girl toys, nor do I see a problem with girls playing with traditionally boy toys.

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

#821181 - 05/16/13 07:04 AM Re: Dolls For Boys? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
MarkFichara Offline

I do like making such dolls and specially I am making from images as well which is a bobblehead doll.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Helen Doll Making Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shaving for us women ?
by rhondaf43
Body Care
7 minutes 10 seconds ago
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:22 AM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 06:04 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Rosie 66
Home Finance
Today at 05:54 AM
New game
by Rosie 66
History
Today at 05:46 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:47 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:45 AM
Santos Cage Doll SVG Cut File - First Steps
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
Today at 04:23 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 02:47 AM
Is it possible?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:54 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (rhondaf43, Anjel37), 81 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.