logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
O
As a youngster.. I to had the classic G.I Joe.. Until my grandmother found it and threw it into their burning garbage pit.. For some odd reason.. she didn't like the fact the boys play with dolls. In some since of the word.. it is true that boys shouldn't play with dolls (In the classic doll form) Later I turned to metal or die cast figurines.. I would have to say this is the closet thing to dolls there is.. Thou for little hands.. the metal or die cast figurines would be a bit risky.. if and when your child is ready.. try the plastic figures to begin with.. then as they get older move more towards the metal figures. In a since.. as the grow.. introduce paints and paint techniques in creating a accurate looking and weathered figure.. which is slowing becoming a lost art..

Last edited by WizardOfTheStone; 10/29/11 12:33 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Well...I am here to say that the dolls I made for my son and grandson proved to be a very good thing for both boys. Both my son, who is an adult and has a child, and my grandson are very nurturing and loving souls. I think when a boy has the chance to love a doll and cuddle it, positive feelings towards real babies and other people begin to cultivate within them. The dolls I made were cloth, soft and cuddly. The boys saw the dolls as friends and buddies to share secrets with, to hold on to in times of fear or insecurity (like when they had to be with babysitters, or when they had to go to the doctor, dentist, etc.).

There is far too much worry and concern placed on gender oriented toys for children in my opinion. If you think about it, girls turn out to be naturally nurturing and loving adults because they were allowed to act like a parent/caregiver when young. Boys have to struggle harder to learn to be nurturing and loving adults because they were not given the chance to take care of a dolly. Society demands that boys be strong and fearless and girls be soft and nurturing. I see absolutely nothing wrong with letting the child determine which toys he/she wants to play with. This is my humble opinion.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
O
O
I Agree with you Phyllis.. and I don't think I turned out so bad.. Mother taught me to sew and I did very well on my wife's wedding dress.. and no.. I don't consider myself to be fearless.. but humble.. and yes I still have my rabbit doll my other made for me in 1964

Shark
Shark
i think boys are not fond of dolls. Does dolls for boys and for girls have distinguish?

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
I think it's great for a boy to have a doll. I make rag dolls, including some boy dolls. Last month I sold one to a grandma from Great Britain who said they have a tradition in there family of giving rag dolls to boys on their first birthday, it was so fun to be a part of that. Boys have stuffed bears, why not a doll?

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Phyllis, I have one doll in the house. It was my daughter's first doll when she was one. Her three year old son happened to find it recently. He treats it like a baby and started to include the doll in some activities like reading a book - the doll is company. One of his cousins is about a year old now so he is used to seeing a baby being fed, hugged and rocked.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
As I continued reading I recalled my son and nephew along with my girls received Cabbage Patch dolls!

Angie #802770 01/26/13 05:53 AM
Yes, dolls are just little pretend people, what girl or boy doesn't like a little friend to share things with.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Why do you say "it is true that boys shouldn't play with dolls (In the classic doll form)"? I don't see any problem with boys playing with traditionally girl toys, nor do I see a problem with girls playing with traditionally boy toys.

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

M
M
I do like making such dolls and specially I am making from images as well which is a bobblehead doll.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Helen Doll Making Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.