Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags, LegacyPoetry
57153 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57153 Members
417 Forums
112900 Topics
799151 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 738
Beetlemess 516
Nancy Roussy 227
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 117
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Dianne W - Editor 67
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Tracy - Philosophy 59
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 20 of 39 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#801781 - 01/20/13 03:51 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Has anyone tried the Salad Additions from Lean Cuisine, if so what do you think? I tried them and loved them, but I went to one website and so many people are bashing them. I thought they were good.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Re: Salad Time to Twitter Add Re: Salad Time to Facebook Add Re: Salad Time to MySpace Add Re: Salad Time to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Salad Time Add Re: Salad Time to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Salad Time to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Salad Time to Stumbleupon Add Re: Salad Time to Reddit
#801786 - 01/20/13 04:01 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Stephanie - Weight Loss Offline
Parakeet

My main issue with them is the addition of color additives, sugar and they're high in sodium. Plus, I don't eat meat. But, health wise probably the main problem is what I mentioned about the additives.

The other problem to me is the cost. I can create those same additions, from scratch,with less additives and cost. But, having said all that, if you like them, and are okay with the nutritional issues and it helps you stick to your plan, who can ever say you're wrong?

Add Re: Salad Time to Twitter Add Re: Salad Time to Facebook Add Re: Salad Time to MySpace Add Re: Salad Time to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Salad Time Add Re: Salad Time to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Salad Time to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Salad Time to Stumbleupon Add Re: Salad Time to Reddit
#802088 - 01/22/13 08:10 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Hmmm I haven't tried the Salad Additions - I think from what I see there that I'd be likely to steam edamame myself and use that, vs using one of their mixes. I'd prefer to use bits of fresh rotisserie chicken left over from dinner the night before; for me frozen chicken just isn't appealing. But we're all different! We all have different needs and different ways of getting salad into us.

#802089 - 01/22/13 08:10 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Breakfast was my EAS shake, lunch was my Very Veggie with olives cheese and Italian dressing. What are you guys having?

#802096 - 01/22/13 09:56 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

My life has been so busy recently, I barely have time to fix dinner many nights.I think the rotissere chicken and fresh veggies sound amazing. Many of my current committments end in June - I will have finished preparing and presenting three training classes, my term will end as president of DCSHRM, and I will have finished studying and taken the PHR... then I can get back to my writing and marketing the way I have in my plans and start cooking healthy from scratch again.

Stephanie, I definitely agree it depends on one's circumstances. I have bought fresh, but it usually spoiled before I use it or before I used all of it - then it just became a costly waste.

For right now, the "cheating" by buying pre-packaged,over fresh lettuce serves two needs - it stops me from running across the street and grabbing a burger for lunch because it's convenient. Second, I've eaten more veggies this past week then I ever have.

All in good time... :-)

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#804468 - 02/04/13 09:52 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Dianne -

We just buy the rotisserie chicken pre-done at WalMart, steam some brussels sprouts in a bag, and are ready in 2 minutes. So this is completely "brainless" - I recommend it!

#804469 - 02/04/13 09:52 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I'm having a very veggie salad with colby cheese, olives, and light Italian dressing. What are you guys having tonight?

#804471 - 02/04/13 11:00 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Lisa. Tonight I made an Atkins recipe casserole. It was ham, broccoli, mozzarella cheese, green onions, and a whole bunch of eggs. We really liked it. We are eating Atkins right now so I am on the prowl for recipes. I'm a little tired of salad.

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

#804498 - 02/05/13 09:08 AM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Lisa, I didn't like brussel sprouts before, but my kids did so I started eating them more. I really like them now. This does sound like a quick and easy meal.

Terri, that sounds yummy!

Given my recent stomach issues, I thought I would try a food that isn't too bad on the "return trip" so I tried a celery stick and a couple of carrots.

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#804599 - 02/05/13 12:03 PM Re: Salad Time [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

After a LOT of setbacks, my family agreed to go low-carb. We watched a video suggested by our former personal trainer (yes, we actually had one but for only a month!); it was called, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and I highly recommend it, too. Very inspiring, although he recommends a vegan--and not just low-carb--diet.

Anyway, we're off on our low-carb lifestyle. Last night, I made a warm lentil salad with oven-roasted veggies. Boiled and drained lentils. Chopped zucchini, onion, tomato, garlic cloves, green bell pepper, cauliflower, and mushrooms. Tossed with olive oil. Roasted until slightly carmelized. Mixed in the lentils and tossed with a homemade dressing of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, tomato juice, herbs, salt, pepper and a touch of honey. Served on Romaine lettuce leaves.

My DH and son did not miss the meat. I realized that instead of the dressing, I could add all of this into a small pot of chicken broth and make a delicious lentil and roasted vegetable soup.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Page 20 of 39 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Any Solution for hairs Graying ?
by Rina09
Hair
1 second ago
may I know your Shopping sense
by Rina09
Women's Fashion
10 minutes 18 seconds ago
What are the essential accessories for women's?
by Rina09
Women's Fashion
16 minutes 41 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
47 minutes 37 seconds ago
I need help
by Rina09
Women's Fashion
49 minutes 55 seconds ago
Online shopping
by Rina09
Women's Fashion
54 minutes 41 seconds ago
Luck and Inspiration Quotes
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
57 minutes 27 seconds ago
Photorealistic Digital Art for Digital Stamp
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
Today at 03:38 AM
Houdini (part 1)
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Today at 01:05 AM
Hotel Hell
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Rina09), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.