Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I'm back. I had to look at the first post in this thread and Lisa says to lay out five year goals first.

I still find that harder than one year goals.

I'm going to try to work it out here (not in any order; numbers are for my convenience):

Five Years (by 2017)
1. House will have become liveable, weatherized, and acceptable-looking from the outside, off-grid and totally green
2. Have the entire feral colony neutered. No new kittens! I won't be a cat shelter anymore!
3. Have published five ebooks on frugal and green living
4. Made top 500 reviewer rank on amazon
5. Everything in the lean to and in the house will be completely organized and a source of soothing peace for me
6. My weight will have been stable at 130 pounds, plus or minus three pounds
7. Be back to regular jogging (or some daily fitness practice)
8. Be comfortably on SSI and living well under my means
9. TBD
10. TBD

One Year (summer of 2013)
1. Have done a blood test
2. Have an adventure partner for hiking, camping, paddling, etc. Not a romantic partner but a consistent outdoor counterpart. I want to set aside time and effort to make this happen. I need it.
3. NACOG will have weatherized my house before next summer
4. Get JC, Bigwig, Giles, the kittens of Giles, Fleck and Scorpius all neutered
5. Figured out what to do with Serenity and the White Jeep
6. The Studio will be 75% or more on solar power
7. One permanent living space will be carved out of my trailer home, and the storage space will be organized (not a heap of stuff)
8. My first ebook on frugal living will be published
9. I will have worked out a stable, consistent and nutritious solution to my food issues
10. Back to jogging (or some fitness activity) consistently three + days a week

So that is a nice ten goals for each set, with the caveat that I want to leave space to think about two more five year goals.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Okay, Here are some goals for myself:

by summer 2017:
-will be on a good financial plan that is leading us toward getting our homestead type place. At this time, we would be looking into where to relocate and making plans to move.
-have several knitting patterns and ebooks available for sale.
-I will have published articles or patterns in well-known knitting magazines
-I will have completed my massage therapy education, which should allow me to practice as a professional with liability insurance.
-I will be fully self employed.

by Summer 2013
- will have all articles from previous editor overwritten on knitting site.
-will have a financial system where all of my families bills are paid each month, including student loans, retirement plans and saving for future home.
-will have knitting ebook(lets) for sale - one on washcloth patterns, one for socks, one for scarves/shawls
-will have independent design website up and running. Will have two patterns for sale by end of Summer.
-will be in Amazon Vine program.
-will have nature trail at day job well under way - will apply for grants to get habitat improvement and possible greenhouse for the school.

I think Jilly's 10 goals each is awesome and inspiring. I may comeback and revamp these goals soon!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

Those are awesome long term and short term goals, very well done! I know they will bring you joy smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa -

Those are great goals! Definitely those are all well within reach, and we can help you achieve them smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
On my own one year goals, I do nearly have the promo books down under 10, which is great! I'm making enormous progress on the book piles. I feel very happy about that.

I'm working diligently through the email backlog. That also feels good to get more caught up with.

I'm doing the final processing of my last of the 10 medieval novels. I'll send a reminder out to my review team to get the feedback to me, and I'll go from there!

I need to promote the empty sites more, to find editors for them. I hate to see them languish empty. That does need to be something I do every day, to seek out editors for them.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I last reviewed my one year / short term goals in July, so it's time to do that again!

* BellaOnline at < 60 empty sites
* Clean One Room a Week
* < 10 Promo Books in Pile
* Finish Native American Book
* Graduate College!!
* Do an Unassisted Pull-up
* Do Downward Dog very well
* Fat at 18%
* Have zero email messages in all BellaOnline
* Practice guitar once/week
* Practice piano once/week

I was able to take my "10 medieval novels" off the list, which is great. College will be done next spring which is also great. I have been wanting to graduate for literally **20 years** which is scary. I will be so so happy when I do!

I want to add a fresh medieval novel goal on here. I have 5 books in stages. So I think a reasonable goal is to have 2 of them published.

When I look around really all I see is the clutter. So it's important for me to focus on the decluttering tasks. It wears at me. I am ramping up efforts to get stuff out of the house but I have to push harder. It's hard for me to tackle other projects until I have some room to breathe.

How are you guys doing with your short term / one year list? What would you like to have at the end of a year?

Low Carb Forum
Interesting and effective for achieving our goals by making a list and letting others know to encourage us to really accomplish our one year goals. My short list: -Less time on emails -More organization office/home -don't take work home, unless emergency -read more for pleasure -explore Christine

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Christine -

That's a great start! Most books on setting goals indicate that they work best if they are S.M.A.R.T -

Specific
Meaningful
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

So "less time on emails" is a great start - now think how you could make a goal out of that. Have you ever determined how much time you spend NOW on email? Try tracking it for a week. I know in my life it's staggering smile. So once you see what your daily average is, think of what a better number would be. Is it realistic? I imagine 30 seconds probably isn't, but maybe 1 hour is.

That's the goal you set for yourself! Then each day you think of small steps to take towards that goal. You unsubscribe from lists, you create auto-responses, that sort of thing.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Time to revisit my one year goals. It seems that my life is abuot to be entirely ripped up and re-written this year, so I think I can scratch off most of my Summer 2013 goals as No Longer Applicable.

Hmmm. New things to work on by summer 2013:

- down to the 500 reviewer's rank badge at Amazon (current rank of 570).

- figured out where I am supposed to be living.

- gotten help for the hoarding and a plan to work on it.

- figured out if I will try to return to work or apply again for SSI.

- create a system of extrinsic rewards for getting things done on the daily level in my life.

That's all I can think of right now. I need to make a thread about finding a reward system.

S
S
My goal for this year to be a profession by work and also finance other members as well.

Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.