Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Salume Kh, Badnezzahmi, vincischool, christylynn81, minas
57218 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57218 Members
417 Forums
113032 Topics
801334 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 920
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 472
Beetlemess 325
Nancy Roussy 146
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 72
Sandra Investing/HFinance 50
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#781399 - 09/06/12 06:47 PM How do your children know you love them?
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Arizona
Here is a great article with the top ten things children remembered and loved about their moms:

What Children Really Want Their Parents to Do With Them

Moms Site

Add How do your children know you love them? to Twitter Add How do your children know you love them? to Facebook Add How do your children know you love them? to MySpace Add How do your children know you love them? to Del.icio.us Digg How do your children know you love them? Add How do your children know you love them? to Yahoo My Web Add How do your children know you love them? to Google Bookmarks Add How do your children know you love them? to Stumbleupon Add How do your children know you love them? to Reddit
#781705 - 09/08/12 06:31 PM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Jacqueline- Pregnancy Offline

Having four children, I definitely find it hard to make sure they know that I love them. It's hard with my older two, who are 6 and 8 because they are learning discipline and following rules. You have to find a balance and really listen to your children for sure!
One day my oldest was really struggling, she looked depressed and just really upset. After being frustrated with her behavior and lack of communication with us I sat her down privately and asked her what was going on. She told me she just wanted to spend time with me and I hadn't made the time so she was upset. Making time to listen is so important!

Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Twitter Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Facebook Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to MySpace Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How do your children know you love them? Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Reddit
#781841 - 09/10/12 12:37 AM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

You're right, Jacqueline! Listening is one way to show/tell your children you love them.... so is spending time with them... there are so many ways to make your children feel loved without ever expressing those three words (though that is nice too)

Tucking them in at night is another way to end the day with love

Moms Site

Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Twitter Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Facebook Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to MySpace Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How do your children know you love them? Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How do your children know you love them? to Reddit
#790059 - 10/29/12 05:47 PM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
I love this article Lisa!

We have gotten so trapped by adult peer pressures (making sure our children are successful at a million things) that we forget the basics.

My latest article Creating Good Memories is not about the basics, but I hope it will have the same effects.

#790069 - 10/29/12 06:55 PM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I just read your article this morning.

Family mission statements are powerful!!!

Moms Site

#790076 - 10/29/12 07:50 PM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks Lisa!

The Family Mission Statement is what keeps me on track with my homeschooling. It is what I refer to when I am feeling burnout. Additionally, when I am on the fence about getting involved in something, I refer to it to help make that decision.

#790084 - 10/29/12 08:16 PM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

do you have your mission statement posted in your home?

how often do you go back and revise or change it?

Moms Site

#790117 - 10/29/12 10:42 PM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes Lisa!

Because my mission statement has gotten longer, I have to keep it posted in my office/closet.

And yes, I have absolutely tweaked it over time. I remember starting out with the idea that I wanted them to be happy with their choices in life. I remember having the mission to make certain they were happy, well educated, and well traveled.

Nowadays, my mission is to assist my girls on their mission to self-actualization. Meaning, understanding who they are (mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally), having confidence in that, (using introspect, research, communication, and personal growth skills) creating what they want, and loving themselves enough to make a difference.

#790136 - 10/30/12 03:26 AM Re: How do your children know you love them? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

beautiful

Moms Site

Moderator:  Lisa - Moms 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
42 minutes 33 seconds ago
Do you prefer to go shopping online?
by dannyken
Fashion Jewelry
46 minutes 42 seconds ago
What exercise did you do today?
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
How much a Wedding Ring is Important for Couple
by puumando
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Soup du jour
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
Mini Ice Cream Cakes Recipe
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
Buddha's Daughters - Book Review
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 07:54 PM
Wedding Ring Bedspread
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (dillonmatthews), 72 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.