Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Don't get desperate...

Lots 'o guys like us out here.

Connie and I have grown step-children and grand-children !

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
PizzaHut......sometimes there is just no telling what life will throw at you.

I married my husband when I was 26. Both of us wanted kids, but 2 weeks after the wedding I changed my mind. My husband was very upset, and after a couple years of fights about it I told him to leave me if he was that unhappy and needed kids to be complete. He chose to stay in the marriage and he took on all sorts of personal projects. He finally said he was perfectly happy without kids. I was elated.

Then he came upon age 40 and had a midlife crisis. All of a sudden the idea of having babies was important again. At 42 years old there was no way I wanted to get pregnant. He then decided it was worth it to throw our 19 year relationship (16 years married) down the toilet. He married someone older than I am and she has older kids. I seriously doubt he will get the baby he wants out of someone pushing 50.

Crazy things happen.......

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
And the answer is......well, there isn't one, is there !
And how terrifying sometimes. wether it's the kid issue, the marriage issue, family / friends issue...we're all people who change our minds, like / love one minute, then can't stand the next.
It's a minefield out there, and hopefully we're left intact when the varying sized bombs go off, but often not, never to feel the same again.

We've just had our friends 16 yr old twins for a BBQ last week, and ( not being around kids that much ) was amazed at their innocence and complete faith in the future and what it holds.
Do you think there are people out there who find exactly what they want , and gently go through life without the upset, upheaval and heartbreak ? never wondering what if ?
I suspect not, but I don't know. we all lie at times about how great things are, or how bad things are too.

When I was 17 I had a boyfriend who wanted to marry. he was good looking, lovely guy, but I was going to university, and had plans to go abroad. what would have happened if I'd said yes, stayed home, and settled down...
But it's pointless looking back. I suspect heartbreak would have followed too who knows.
The only thing to go on, is if it feels right at the time, then go for it - and when the heartache follows, if in fact it does, then console ourselves that that's what being human is, and we can't avoid it.
Now where's my book on positive thinking....:) ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Bandana Essentials
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:10 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:06 PM
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.