Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy, HectorHernandez, TaraV
57403 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57404 Members
417 Forums
113452 Topics
805470 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 617
Beetlemess 265
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 152
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Nancy Roussy 61
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Mona - Astronomy 39
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 25
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#769048 - 06/19/12 07:23 PM Tell us about your Round Robin experiences.
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I've recently posted an article on Round Robins that are becomming the craze in quilting circles. These were about in the 80's and I participated in serveral over a few years. I had good experiences and not so good experiences.

I loved the beautiful work that my co-rounders had taken the time with, and the lovely colors that set off my centre block really well. I didn't appreciate the fluro yellow on the border of my applique rose and pink themed centre block.

Tell us about your experiences with Round Robins.

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Twitter Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Facebook Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to MySpace Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Del.icio.us Digg Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Yahoo My Web Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Google Bookmarks Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Stumbleupon Add Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Reddit
#769327 - 06/20/12 07:46 PM Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Bakas Offline

Loc: NZ
Hello Everyone I have participated in a few Round Robins and the worst experience I had was when a Quilt I was working on went missing after I posted it, never to be found. I felt for the person who had made the first block and the two people before me who had contributed borders also. A word of warning always courier and get tracking on quilts sent, if this had been in the rules it would have made the tracing of the parcel a whole lot easier, as it was I felt guilty and the other people were frustrated. However on the whole I have had quite positive experiences when doing R/R 3 lovely quilts and one not so good... an Amish type with a purple that faded into the black background used by a person that didn't step back to look at the colour choice Anyways I say go for it you never know what you will get and you can learn new techniques and colour choices lots of surprises normall

Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Twitter Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Facebook Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to MySpace Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Reddit
#769901 - 06/24/12 10:41 PM Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
GallopingButterfly Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hi fellow BellaOnliners. I haven't participated in an online round robin but several years ago I participated in one within our local guild. I wasn't a very experienced quilter at the time but the group of ladies that were in the round robin were patient with me and offered lots of suggestions after we had our unveiling.

I am thinking about joining one of the online groups, but it is going to be a later in the year or the beginning of the next year because I MUST get some of the UFO's done before I start anything new!!

Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Twitter Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Facebook Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to MySpace Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. to Reddit
#770192 - 06/26/12 06:33 PM Re: Tell us about your Round Robin experiences. [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I to haven't participated on online Round Robins either Galloping Butterfly. Being able to commit to a timeline is pretty difficult with most quilters, especially if they have a life outside of quilting! I have a small confidence issue when it comes to "second guessing" what the owner of the quilt would like. How do other Round Robin participants cope with this?

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Al-Madinah International University
by mennat
Creativity
58 minutes 34 seconds ago
Al madinah international university opening apply
by mennat
Creativity
Today at 04:24 AM
Offer you the services offered by the universit
by mennat
Creativity
Today at 04:20 AM
A Photo A Day
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Photography
Yesterday at 08:13 PM
Beer-Kissed Cranberry Bread Recipe
by Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor
Beer & Brewing
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Relief For Men With Unwanted Body Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:32 PM
How often do you cut your hair?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Stress Reduction is a Beauty Basic
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:21 PM
Using Nail Decals for Easy Nail Design
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Teaching Moon Phases and Eclipses
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 01:13 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.