Print Thread
#764959 05/27/12 09:55 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello all,

Are you a procrastinator? Are there jobs that you keep on putting off in your container garden and then have to face up to the consequences?

What jobs do you really not like doing and how have they affected your garden because they were put off till later, or too late or not done at all?

Say your say and let's all see if we can get some ideas going to make your hateful jobs in the garden not so hateful.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone, the weekend is here and there is time to do stuff!

Now you know those time managemet courses we have all done and read about on proscrastination? Well I would fail miserably on any test!

Way back in May I asked this question and I STILL HAVE NOT DONE a couple of the jobs I meant to do then ... now that has to be something else and procrastination mixed up with 'past sell by and use by' date fertilisers!

Well, the first is not even a difficult job but it is to clean some ceramic containers, scrape them down, soak them in vinegar water for a day or two then after they are dry, repaint them and put them to use again. The shapes are nice and classic (one a tall Ali Baba/oil style jar pot) and several other planters and smaller pots mixed.

Just have to get on and do it - and I am determined to do the cleaning etc this weekend and will paint them next weekend. I don't even have an excuse darn it - the job just hasn't been done.

Next job that must be done is to go over my notes in my gardener's notebook that I have been making willy nilly and put them into a semblence of order.

Next after that is to repot my cotainer irises - didn't get blooms this year because they are sulking I guess. Oh dear. The ones I have in the front garden performed beautifully which make me even more remiss.

Other than just getting on and doing it, I don't think there is any advice I can offer to others of you who may be putting off jobs in your container gardens.

If you have any quick tips or tricks or shortcuts or comments, that would be helpful!

Say thanks and cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/29/24 05:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.