#750088 03/08/12 09:33 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
What process do you go through when hiring a babysitter or nanny?

Hiring a Babysitter

After I had my first child - almost 11 years ago - I did a lot of research. Should I use an agency that does a background check? Should I hire someone who has experienced motherhood? What questions should I ask to make sure I'm getting a thorough picture of the potential childcare provider?

What about you? How do you approach finding childcare for your children?

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
I thought about hiring a nanny for my twins just once in a while, but I got scared to be honest, I felt that I would never feel safe leaving them with someone that I don't know. I love the questions that you have suggested and they are very through .. but I feel like something deep down still tells me it is still a stranger and I don't know what will go on when im out. My twins are now 14 months and I've never left them with strangers, if i need to go out I have to always make sure that a family member is available, if not then I cancel whatever I need to do. I guess it doesn't bother me too much because I work from home and leave everything when they need attention. But on the other hand like you said it is good sometimes to have another adult role model around, but I guess if I was to leave them with a friend I would feel bad for them, they can be a handful lol! What do you think? Am I being just too protective??

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I think a mother needs to trust her instinct! While there are things you might be able to do - a background check, going through an agency, a nanny cam - for some people, even that is not enough.

It also sounds like you have family around to help out, and that's a great option.

As they get older, your feelings may change - or they may not. I have several friends who only leave their children with family members. It's just their preference, and I think that's ok.

At some point (school?), we need to leave our children in the care of someone else... but, when they are older - we can communicate with them differently, and you may feel more comfortable leaving them with someone else at that point.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.