Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kennyman, laura22, MaryBeth-Hunting, CSW, joyce22
58328 Registered Users
Forum Stats
58,328 Registered Members
417 Forums
119,206 Topics
846,045 Posts

Most users ever online: 615 @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Nancy Roussy 209
Mona - Astronomy 129
"Rosie" 95
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 35
Angie 30
Celestine - Baptist Editor 26
Lynne - ChristianLiving 23
Angela - Drama Movies 20
Susan Helene Kramer 16
Korie - California/Yoga/Knitting Editor 15
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#740060 - 01/12/12 02:06 AM Biggest Loser Ep 2
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Wow ok this episode reminds me of all I dislike about the Biggest Loser. That ending section of it almost made me reach for the MUTE button. And they dragged it out! I have no desire at all to hear people sniping at each other. None.

And then the trainers sniping at each other too?

Maybe there is just not a Lisa-friendly show out there because most people would find it boring. I want an uplifting show about people helping each other reach their goals. I see no need for the sniping. It makes dents in my serenity smile

What good was there. I liked that they sent a coach out to the at-home people to help them. I thought that was nice.

Lisa

#740234 - 01/12/12 03:33 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I did not like the arguing and i felt badly for mike when he realized everyone had put his name down. I would have had a hard time not walking out right then, crying and hurt. I've been scapegoated (once, way back in a college situation) and it's a terrible place to be.

Conda seems vicious - she's the person that will talk right over you even if it's not her turn.

I think after Mike explained what was going on with his brother, they all felt a little bad. I would have felt badly too. He went to the ranch to get to know his half-brother, and Joe pretty much isn't interested. That would be really embarrassing to share on TV and painful to realize.

I did not want him to stay - I like Kim and was glad someone else was booted. But I still felt for him and I thought he was able to leave with dignity after all the apologies started going around.

Even Dan was impressed that he held his composure at the end and walked off with some strength and grace.

I don't trust Conda.

Also in this ep: Bob getting even pissier. I wonder if he was scripted to complain about Dolvett using 'his' workouts? To 'make' some alpha dog conflict for the viewers? Because otherwise, Bob isn't coming off too well.

Edited by Jilly (01/12/12 03:39 PM)

#740235 - 01/12/12 03:37 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

As much as I felt sorry for Mike I also think he *was* not working as hard as everyone else. And maybe he had reasons for that - but the aim of the show is for everyone to work hard. If someone slacks, they have to expect to be called out for it. So he brought it on himself and I think he should have shouldered that responsibility more.

I do also think that Dolvett should have his own workouts. It seems cheap, to me, for him to just do what Bob has done. Surely there are other workouts that are just as good. It would be like going on a cooking competition and using another person's signature dish.

#740236 - 01/12/12 03:37 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Oh, and I found Jeremy adorable in this ep. I liked him fawning over his own puzzle piece photo. And he was too cute mooning over the nutrition expert. He seems like a doll.

I liked the whole nutritional segment - about time. More like this, please!

And it was nice that Mrs. Claus was able to save Santa. I like Santa!

#740238 - 01/12/12 03:41 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Oh! And the challenge was at the Redondo Beach Pier! I used to live there. That was very neat for me to recognize. That challenge looked fun.

#740779 - 01/14/12 05:30 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Another note - I liked the food ideas - the sprouted wheat tortilla pizza and the turkey egg burritos.

#740784 - 01/14/12 05:56 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Yes absolutely I think they should provide more nutritional information and details. I think many watchers could use that information.

I was just joking to Bob when he came home from shopping that he should have brought us Jenny-O turkey. It's embedded in our brains now. So the marketing does have an effect.

#740787 - 01/14/12 06:01 PM Re: Biggest Loser Ep 2 [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Seriously about the Jenny-O embedding. smile I am going to have to look for it now, since I want to try that burrito idea.

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Earth from Space - beautiful images
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
59 minutes 12 seconds ago
Cepheus the King
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 09:44 AM
How do you change the world?
by Nancy Roussy
Nonfiction Writing
Today at 08:29 AM
Citizen Science in the Electronic Age (updated)
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 08:09 AM
What are you looking forward to today?
by Angie
Self Development
Today at 06:33 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 06:27 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 06:24 AM
What's your Typical Daily Menu?
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 06:16 AM
Did you dream last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 06:12 AM
2018: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 12:11 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.