Next Thread
Print Thread
#740060 01/12/12 06:06 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow ok this episode reminds me of all I dislike about the Biggest Loser. That ending section of it almost made me reach for the MUTE button. And they dragged it out! I have no desire at all to hear people sniping at each other. None.

And then the trainers sniping at each other too?

Maybe there is just not a Lisa-friendly show out there because most people would find it boring. I want an uplifting show about people helping each other reach their goals. I see no need for the sniping. It makes dents in my serenity smile

What good was there. I liked that they sent a coach out to the at-home people to help them. I thought that was nice.

Lisa

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did not like the arguing and i felt badly for mike when he realized everyone had put his name down. I would have had a hard time not walking out right then, crying and hurt. I've been scapegoated (once, way back in a college situation) and it's a terrible place to be.

Conda seems vicious - she's the person that will talk right over you even if it's not her turn.

I think after Mike explained what was going on with his brother, they all felt a little bad. I would have felt badly too. He went to the ranch to get to know his half-brother, and Joe pretty much isn't interested. That would be really embarrassing to share on TV and painful to realize.

I did not want him to stay - I like Kim and was glad someone else was booted. But I still felt for him and I thought he was able to leave with dignity after all the apologies started going around.

Even Dan was impressed that he held his composure at the end and walked off with some strength and grace.

I don't trust Conda.

Also in this ep: Bob getting even pissier. I wonder if he was scripted to complain about Dolvett using 'his' workouts? To 'make' some alpha dog conflict for the viewers? Because otherwise, Bob isn't coming off too well.

Last edited by Jilly; 01/12/12 07:39 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
As much as I felt sorry for Mike I also think he *was* not working as hard as everyone else. And maybe he had reasons for that - but the aim of the show is for everyone to work hard. If someone slacks, they have to expect to be called out for it. So he brought it on himself and I think he should have shouldered that responsibility more.

I do also think that Dolvett should have his own workouts. It seems cheap, to me, for him to just do what Bob has done. Surely there are other workouts that are just as good. It would be like going on a cooking competition and using another person's signature dish.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh, and I found Jeremy adorable in this ep. I liked him fawning over his own puzzle piece photo. And he was too cute mooning over the nutrition expert. He seems like a doll.

I liked the whole nutritional segment - about time. More like this, please!

And it was nice that Mrs. Claus was able to save Santa. I like Santa!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh! And the challenge was at the Redondo Beach Pier! I used to live there. That was very neat for me to recognize. That challenge looked fun.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Another note - I liked the food ideas - the sprouted wheat tortilla pizza and the turkey egg burritos.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes absolutely I think they should provide more nutritional information and details. I think many watchers could use that information.

I was just joking to Bob when he came home from shopping that he should have brought us Jenny-O turkey. It's embedded in our brains now. So the marketing does have an effect.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Seriously about the Jenny-O embedding. smile I am going to have to look for it now, since I want to try that burrito idea.

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.