Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Meditation clears debris from our thinking; takes us from self-centeredness to self-giving. And, it is when our heart is expanding that we grow into our full human nature which is really part of our divine nature.

Can Meditation Lead to Self Realization?

What are your thoughts on this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Susan,

Absolutely! Meditation does lead to answers. I kind of look at it like dial-up internet. It isn't exactly the fastest, but once you make that connection...you type in your search and many things begin to display.

From the things that do, click on one and a lot more information comes to the surface!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Hi Elleise,

I agree that the information from meditation just snowballs for the ultimate good as time and practice continue, anyhow, that's what I've discovered. And, more good leads to more good ...

A
A
Hello Susan, You are so right, "good having good thoughts when going into meditation deliver more good ways to see our own potential." As I have discovered most people use meditation to ask for mundane things, instead of asking for more courage to do the things they would most like to be doing. Just imagine if everyone who meditated ask to be shown what they could accomplish if they just followed their dreams? They would be more productive, have more patience with their fellow humans, be more relaxed and involved with their children. Sending out that simple request would deliver it to their environment in a short time, making this a more peaceful world, and at the same time they would be growing spiritually. Do you agree that using meditation to visualize your dreams is a way to stay healthy too?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
One of my favourite meditation stories:

A novice monk ran up to the head of the monastery very exited:

"Master! Master!" he cried "I was meditating when suddenly I was raised to a higher plane I saw all the Gods and Goddesses, the bodhisattvas, and all manner of wonderful things!"

The Abbot smiled and placed his hand on the monks shoulder

"Keep meditating" he said gently "They'll fade after a while"

Motto:

If you focus on the leaf - you fail to perceive the tree.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Ian, I love that story!

It reminds me that rather than ask for particular objects to ask for the greater good of the situation, allowing for many more ideas to come to mind.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Love the meditation story Ian, it is a keeper.

The motto that comes from it is so true, and obvious, but sometimes we do need to be reminded of just that.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Ninjahedgewych
One of my favourite meditation stories:

A novice monk ran up to the head of the monastery very exited:

"Master! Master!" he cried "I was meditating when suddenly I was raised to a higher plane I saw all the Gods and Goddesses, the bodhisattvas, and all manner of wonderful things!"

The Abbot smiled and placed his hand on the monks shoulder

"Keep meditating" he said gently "They'll fade after a while"

Motto:

If you focus on the leaf - you fail to perceive the tree.

God, I Love That !! If I had that one piece of advise when I first started my spiritual journey.. I could have saved myself a lot of grief !!
Thank You Ian... Way Cool smile

G
Gecko
Gecko
G
i meditate hours everyday because my situationasks me to so it really goes from alone and naturally like when you re hungry and you get food.i can actually do stuff at the same time.it s definitely worth it as you say susan to clear debris as i am ding a healing.and i agree with your description elleise.it starts slow and then when you get one answer it leads you to something else and something else,til you get a whole picture.so i try to stop when i have reached a stage or when i ve made a full circle then i consider it complete otherwise you can t go back to it you have to start over again or pick up by any bit you can find.
also i find all my answers like that about anything and that is really the best part.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
When I was in high school I used to meditate. Thanks to this article, I realize how important meditation really is. I might start doing it again. Great article!

Dominique Jordan
Teen Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.